High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

562 xp Operating temp

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Having the vapour lock/heat soak with a new albeit 2017 model. They are changing the carb to the latest model from an el44.
Temp was running at 45 Degrees Celsius or 113 F on the diagnostic and dealer saying that's ok. Thinking that's high so I'm asking here.

Oh and been lurking a while so glad to be here in person.
J

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to OPE! Glad to have you here. I’m sure someone will be along with answers soon. Lots of good people and knowledge here.

fdhamlin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is older early 2012 w/EL44B. I had the same concern as my max temp was 47C/117F.
I asked afleetcommand if that would be expected range and he said it was.
Don't know where it might be now as I've done the cover & muffler mods.

Last edited:

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My ported ones run up to 120f, but i have zero issues with hot starts..
They have all the different carb variations. Clean air filters and sharp chains are best.
My pro tip is to open up and gut the mufflers. Wear ear plugs...

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mine is older early 2012 w/EL44B. I had the same concern as my max temp was 47C/117F.
I asked afleetcommand if that would be expected range and he said it was.
Don't know where it might be now as I've done the cover & muffler mods.
Thanks, appreciate the info

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
*** Update *** New carb went in. firmware updated. breakin for autotune and went back on the diagnostic and low carb setting was 12. Husky said there is an air leak ? There is 3 hrs on the saw and it has been in the shop for 1 month. My thoughts are go to the 572xp or just return the saw and move on.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If they are gonna give you a full refund I would take it. 572xp is and the new 550xp mk2 are apparently vapour lock free... at least no one is reporting any problems of vapour lock...

I have a 2018 stamped 562 i bought this year and i have got it to vapour lock twice now on hot days. Bought a 550 2 yeara ago and its done it lots.
Thread going on about this in this forum and possible solutions and fixes a couple of which I was gonna try but got called into work tonight :(
point being I want to believe that vapour lock issues are resolved with the new ones but i have no experience with them. Im starting to think its the fuel map they use which is just too lean.

I almost want to investigate throwing the right size resistor on the temp sensor to richen the curve up a tad!!

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I almost want to investigate throwing the right size resistor on the temp sensor to richen the curve up a tad!!

About time someone on this forum does exactly that. I've tweaked various automotive fuel injection systems, even tricked the EGR on my new truck to stay closed, with just a resistor in the circuit.

Once the right size resistor was known, it would be the cheapest mod you could make.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About time someone on this forum does exactly that. I've tweaked various automotive fuel injection systems, even tricked the EGR on my new truck to stay closed, with just a resistor in the circuit.

Once the right size resistor was known, it would be the cheapest mod you could make.
Do you know how to identify the temp sensor wiring?

ill pull the module off my 550 and start taking resistance measurements to get a scale if you want. Just dont know what wires to access...
Also dont know how much fuel is actually controlled by the sensor, if any at all. I remember these auto tunes work on rpms and not airflow for fuel curve

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It says the temperature sensor is integrated with the fuel module, so there may not be a wire to tap into. Further, it says the once a second there is a leaning out to check that the engine is running at maximum power, in other words, even if you tweaked the temperature sensor, the engine is (allegedly) already running at maximum power.

You would really have to get a hold of the electronic logic diagram to see what could be tweaked.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It says the temperature sensor is integrated with the fuel module, so there may not be a wire to tap into. Further, it says the once a second there is a leaning out to check that the engine is running at maximum power, in other words, even if you tweaked the temperature sensor, the engine is (allegedly) already running at maximum power.

You would really have to get a hold of the electronic logic diagram to see what could be tweaked.
If it only checks max rpm to determine if its leaning out then why even take the temperature Via a sensor?
Maybe its only used for the initial startup sequence and is negated during “tuning mode”
I have to agree with you, need a logic diagram.

Sawrain

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it only checks max rpm to determine if its leaning out then why even take the temperature Via a sensor?
Maybe its only used for the initial startup sequence and is negated during “tuning mode”

This would be my guess.

Maybe not completely negated, but less influence than In a start situation, especially cold start.

Last edited:

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If they will do it I will take it. I should know Monday on the 1 month anniversary of the saw in the shop...
It's disappointing to hear reports on this forum of folks standing on their heads trying to make an 562xp run. I'm sure that the dealer would rather swap you a 572xp which will do what it's supposed to do and send that 562xp back where it came from.

Last edited:

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's disappointing to hear reports on this forum of folks standing on their heads trying to make the 562xp run. I'm sure that the dealer would rather sell you a 572xp which will do what it's supposed to do and send that 562xp back where it came from.
I'm hoping they will just swap it , as that's what I asked them. If not I'm looking at maybe a ms362 but open to suggestions....

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
462 or 572 as the new saws are lighter and more power. Might not notice a difference in weight but will appreciate the extra power. The 362 just isn’t a player anymore imho.
Thanks, As I only do wood for myself, I can't justify the 462 price hence the 362. 572 will be good if they swap it one for one though :)

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
562 are a love hate relationship. 3/4 the year they run great (spring, fall and winter). Don’t bother running one in the summer when temps climb past 80 degrees. It’s the only saw that actually frustrated me so much I tossed the thing lol. I only run 572’s or other various saws that do better than a 562 in the heat. I needed something that starts, runs and pay the bills in hot weather. Husqvarna did huge strides with the new 550 and 572... I dunno why there slacking on re engineering the 562... one of there volume sellers. I’d gladly consider re-trying out a revised 562.