PineBrookFarm

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hope I put this in the right area!?!

Anyone know why the 395xp now shows 6.6hp not the 7.1hp it used to be? What there some change in the way they rate them or have they been changed in some way that reduces power??

Was going to pick up a new one but want to make sure I'm not getting some new version thats is .6 hp less than what I used to have.

Thanks guys!

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hope I put this in the right area!?!

Anyone know why the 395xp now shows 6.6hp not the 7.1hp it used to be? What there some change in the way they rate them or have they been changed in some way that reduces power??

Was going to pick up a new one but want to make sure I'm not getting some new version thats is .6 hp less than what I used to have.

Thanks guys!
I've been wondering the same thing and was thinking about buying a new one before they stopped making them but my local husky dealer said that they aren't stopping production on them anytime soon so they may have stiffled them with a bit of emissions bulls,,,t to meet the requirements

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
12:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well at least they changed the spec an ms880 rated same as an 088 but no way they are when cutting. Same as an 066 vs newest 660. I’m sure to meet some emission they made the exhaust smaller or took some timing out ect.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have no idea, and I wouldn't pay attention to it. There are no changes that I am aware of to the saw that would account for this. The ratings and weights listed in the catalogs, sell sheets, owners manuals, websites, dealer programs, and whatever have historically seldom agreed with one another. It's really all over the map, so I don't place any value on them. I doubt they'd be making any changes to the 395 this late in it's life anyway.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have no idea, and I wouldn't pay attention to it. There are no changes that I am aware of to the saw that would account for this. The ratings and weights listed in the catalogs, sell sheets, owners manuals, websites, dealer programs, and whatever have historically seldom agreed with one another. It's really all over the map, so I don't place any value on them. I doubt they'd be making any changes to the 395 this late in it's life anyway.

There would have been a new IPL if there was an actual change to the saw, no?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There would have been a new IPL if there was an actual change to the saw, no?

And probably an IPL update issued as well. If not, clicking on key parts like Carbs, ignitions, and stuff to see if any of them supersede to something else would give a clue.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I can say for certain is, I was inside a brand new 395 this summer and I didn't see anything different to report from the old ones I've seen or even the one I have apart at the moment for that matter.
Can't see much reason to worry about the rating then - OP.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a new Brazil production 395 in May, zero differences between it and old ones I’ve messed with except the serial tag says made in Brazil. If you buy one check the clutch. The bearing was over greased on mine, clutch was covered with grease. Something to check on all new saws I suppose.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are still making some interesting saws down in Brazil. Original 372. 272. 288. Sure like to be able to order from that warehouse.
Try anyways :)
Id love to see a brand new 272 or 288

Ittybittyfitty

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can get a new 288 from nightrogue down in the for sale section.