High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

395xp hard start

McCollough

OPE Member
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'vet a 390xp that has been woods ported and has a ported muffler. The thing runs fantastic, but once its good and warm it is difficult to get started again. It will sit and idle all day long with no issues. New intake boot, new base gasket, new exhaust gasket,new crank seals, all new tygon fuel lines, new fuel filter and an unlimited coil. Can anyone help me understand what I am missing for it be so difficult to restart. Note, if it has been sitting and is cold when starting, it will start within 2 pulls. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'vet a 390xp that has been woods ported and has a ported muffler. The thing runs fantastic, but once its good and warm it is difficult to get started again. It will sit and idle all day long with no issues. New intake boot, new base gasket, new exhaust gasket,new crank seals, all new tygon fuel lines, new fuel filter and an unlimited coil. Can anyone help me understand what I am missing for it be so difficult to restart. Note, if it has been sitting and is cold when starting, it will start within 2 pulls. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Our 390 was doing this recently. Was the plug. Swapped the kaput sparkplug and problem solved. If it ain’t that it’s the coil or carb needs kit is my feeling.

McCollough

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I never considered it being the plug. I'll give that a whirl. Carb has been gone through already and coil is brand new

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you Huskyboy! That was the problem. She's a ripper and starts with ease now. I guess I wasn't considering the plug just because of the fact that it would actually fire and run. just fine. Lesson learned
Awesome man! Glad I could help. Sometimes we overlook the simple things.