395 xp

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. And after retightening with blue threadlocker one screw had snapped in half by the next weekend, and I didn't tighten them that hard.

I also see lots of screws fall out of Stihl. I've found some if the tightest screws on Husqvarna. It's really variable with a lot of things. I've seen the hydraulic pump on a few month old DW sk800 start coming apart because the bolts backed out.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. And after retightening with blue threadlocker one screw had snapped in half by the next weekend, and I didn't tighten them that hard.

I also see lots of screws fall out of Stihl. I've found some if the tightest screws on Husqvarna. It's really variable with a lot of things. I've seen the hydraulic pump on a few month old DW sk800 start coming apart because the bolts backed out.
Exactly, have seen missing and loose Stihl cylinder bolts, plus others. Worked on tree service 395 that had 2 loose cover bolts, checked all bolts after finding stripped air jet bolt. Was hitting flywheel, would not allow crank rotation.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A product from the loctite family called vibritite works very vary good in lower heat high vibration areas. I started using it in industrial machines like conveyors and its womderful. . I don't know its temp rating nor have I found it. Works great on many applications.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is amazing how many muffler bolts work loose on Husqvarna chain saws. The 350 muffler bolts were the worst of them all. Bad design, no doubt about it.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any one having issues with screws coming out of cylinder cover I've had 3 come in recently

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Yes, my screws kept backing out of the cylinder cover and flywheel cover. I'm embarrassed to admit it but I broke off one of the flywheel screws. If/when I send my 395 to get ported I will have that fixed as well.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve never had a muffler bolt come loose unless i had oil on the threads when putting it back in and tightening. Spray some carb clean in the threads and blow out with compressed air

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I much prefer threading Q-tips into holes with alcohol, then dry ones to clean threads. It's about as good of a cleaning as it gets. That's how I clean Stihl bar stud holes of oil before threadlocking new ones in, but I use a pair of swabs in those big holes.