High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HUSQVARNA 395 break in, what does everyone do?

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What’s up guys, got my 395 today and was wondering how everyone breaks them in. First time with a new saw, and a bug step from a 455 lol. Thanks

Attachments

• 10E35DE2-46BA-415C-85C1-021F311ED682.jpeg
    10E35DE2-46BA-415C-85C1-021F311ED682.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 30

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I appreciate all the feedback guys, first time I get to run a saw this big. Like a kid on Xmas morning, I’ll run it like a 2 stroke is suppose to be run WOT. Here’s another question, anyone run 927 through these saws? I know they say not to run it in the newer 2 stroke dirt bikes but it smells sooooooo good. ;)

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would avoid anything with castor oil except in race only applications. 927 says it reduces carbon and gum formation, not prevents. There are oils that remove carbon.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
8:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate all the feedback guys, first time I get to run a saw this big. Like a kid on Xmas morning, I’ll run it like a 2 stroke is suppose to be run WOT. Here’s another question, anyone run 927 through these saws? I know they say not to run it in the newer 2 stroke dirt bikes but it smells sooooooo good. ;)
Your saw your choice
There's literally hundreds maybe thousands of appropriate
Proven oils for 2 cycles
But sure go ahead
Usually not recommended oils carbon
Heavily
But it's easily fixed
Just time and money.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as break in I run the saw a little fat on 32:1 then 40:1 after the first tank. Bucking easy stuff for the first 2 tanks then go to regular use.
Piss revving it in the yard to look AWESOME may not be great till about 10 tanks.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would run at least 40:1 as mentioned above. Your going to have to retune the saw for 40:1 or 32:1 because it will be lean due to the change in the air/fuel mixture ratio. This is because it was tuned for 50:1 from the factory. 12,500rpm no load is a good starting point. You want it to four stroke (burble) as soon as you lift on the saw and clean up in the cut. Do you know how to tune a saw? Your going to need the splined carb tool to tune it, same one as your 455 rancher uses. Also, do yourself a favor and check all the screws after the first couple times you run the saw to make sure they are tight.

Last edited:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They do say in chainsaw manuals to avoid unnecessarily high rpms for the first few hours. But then Stihl has the dealers fire it up and hold full throttle for a solid 30-60 seconds before they sell it to you.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They do say in chainsaw manuals to avoid unnecessarily high rpms for the first few hours. But then Stihl has the dealers fire it up and hold full throttle for a solid 30-60 seconds before they sell it to you.
I've never had my stihl dealer do that.

Socalmisfit

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would run at least 40:1 as mentioned above. Your going to have to retune the saw for 40:1 or 32:1 because it will be lean due to the change in the air/fuel mixture ratio. This is because it was tuned for 50:1 from the factory. 12,500rpm no load is a good starting point. You want it to four stroke (burble) as soon as you lift on the saw and clean up in the cut. Do you know how to tune a saw? Your going to need the splined carb tool to tune it, same one as your 455 rancher uses. Also, do yourself a favor and check all the screws after the first couple times you run the saw to make sure they are tight.
I understand the basics of it. I don’t have a tach, but I can tune it in the wood. Right makes it lean, left makes it rich. Tuning the top like u said four strokes on the top, and is clean (2 stroke) in the wood. From what I understand bottom end is for response, all the way right until it wants to stall out then back off. U want it to have good throttle response. Idle so the chain doesn’t move. Running it 40:1 it may be past the limiter adjustments, so I do have the 21 spline tool. If u can go into a little more detail I’d appreciate it, but that’s what I get from reading.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand the basics of it. I don’t have a tach, but I can tune it in the wood. Right makes it lean, left makes it rich. Tuning the top like u said four strokes on the top, and is clean (2 stroke) in the wood. From what I understand bottom end is for response, all the way right until it wants to stall out then back off. U want it to have good throttle response. Idle so the chain doesn’t move. Running it 40:1 it may be past the limiter adjustments, so I do have the 21 spline tool. If u can go into a little more detail I’d appreciate it, but that’s what I get from reading.
You got it pretty good, I think you’ll do fine. You seem to have a good understanding.