372xp xtorque

Stirlinghart

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rebuilding a 372 for a friend of mine that had the piston blow up inside. I haven’t had a chance to check the timing wheel on it yet four stock numbers. Just seeing if anybody was willing to share some timing numbers for a reliable work saw.
Also all of my experience has been with Stihl so far so if anybody has any tips or things I should be looking out for on the Husky’s I’m all ears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rebuilding a 372 for a friend of mine that had the piston blow up inside. I haven’t had a chance to check the timing wheel on it yet four stock numbers. Just seeing if anybody was willing to share some timing numbers for a reliable work saw.
Also all of my experience has been with Stihl so far so if anybody has any tips or things I should be looking out for on the Husky’s I’m all ears

Just curious, what failed in the saw that required a rebuild?

Stirlinghart

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just curious, what failed in the saw that required a rebuild?

I’m not sure exactly what happened but the skirt on the piston is broken on both sides. I don’t know if that can be caused by the bearings going in the bottom end?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not sure exactly what happened but the skirt on the piston is broken on both sides. I don’t know if that can be caused by the bearings going in the bottom end?

I’ve seen the same thing on the 372 xtorq with bad bearings. The bearings all move to one side of the crank and that allows the rod to hit the skirt

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't messed with a 365/372 XT else I would share. If you aren't doing machine work to the jug, I would be reluctant to alter the port heights...maybe with exception to the intake depending on where it's at. Do you have numbers for the saw as it sits?