High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

372xp clone chain oiling issue (almost drove me mad)

HuskyFan1977

Dave's High Performance Saw Shop
Local time
4:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
OK guys I have had a issue with my Farmertec 372xp clone since I put it together. Sometimes it would oil my 18 and 20" bar OK. Other times nothin'. So with that i never even tried my 28" bar and full comp full chisel chain because we all know what would happen to that big bar and chain.

SO what I finally figured out after trying everything under the sun including swapping the oil pump (which didnt help). The springs on the after market clutches I've all seen are a tad wider that the clutch itself. So what it was doing was holding the drum out to far and it couldn't catch the worm gear arm. How I figured this out was I swapped the clutch drum, and voila it now oiled like a mofo! I looked the clutch drum over that wasn't allowing it to oil and saw wear. No not wear from where the clutch engages the drum but rather where the springs that were wider than the clutch itself were dragging on the face of the drum. Those springs were pushing the drum out just enough it would oil sometimes just a little but most the time almost nothing.

So long story short if your not getting good oil i'd check this. It nearly drove me nuts but thats the kind of stuff you got to expect to encounter with these cheap clone saws so I signed up for it. If I end up putting anymore of these clone saws together I am going to file those springs down some if they are wider than the clutch itself...

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its hit and miss with this clones.
A few years more of this clones so cheap and the old chainsaw Names disapear.

9050lx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been pretty impressed with the 372 clone so far.OEM parts here and there.Easy to work on intuitive design.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found out years ago with the nicer looking, stronger running 372 clones from whatever factory made them, that it was as if the shaft was too long giving the clutch room to move out so far it would disengage from the oil pump. I checked for this months ago when I started servicing saws for a local tree company. They have a FT g372 and it allso had the issue, but not quite as bad. I just bent the washer that holds it on just enough to keep the drum pushed back. I'm not sure if this is the same problem you were having, but I found it immediately with just a quick QC check of my own before use, first notice the side to side slop, then seeing if it could disengage from the pump.

sawgeek

Man of Stihl, heart of Husqvarna !
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Walt at afleetcommand talked and showed a possible cause for the chinatec saws for not oiling.
Check that oiler on sawcase and barplate are lined up correctly, if they are not you can grind or tap it wider so they do line up and that could solve your issue.
Also check that oil pick-up tube placed behind oil pump dors not leak, this does not help oiling and creates that annoying mess we all hate :crybaby2:
On both my Husqvarna 372:s this friggin tube leaked.
A thing i do on my longer bars is to slightly grind the oiler hole just a bit bigger and on an angle on the bar in order to get sufficient amount of oil to long bars.