372 Unlimited Coil?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
9:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any black coils from a 3 series saw will work. You may have to swap the leads to get the right length. Baileys had an aftermarket ones as well.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. Kinda what I was thinking.

There used to be an abundance of them and you get lucky sometimes to get a brand new one for $30 or close. I haven’t looked in a good while but with them getting older I’m sure it’s still that way. Or a cheap 350 parts saw is worth the cost of the coil and some bolts on it

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
1:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I was pretty happy with the AM ones. They are just a one piece unit. Best to buy them by the bag. I put the oem boot and plug connector in. They probably could use a silicone coating over the whole thing. They like it less when lots of water comes out the tree. I would have to stop cutting and just wait it out. Happens to the oem as well.
Someone bought a few bags and gave me a handful.
I would buy a bag of them for myself. They are a thinner dia wire. You want to protect it at the top against the plastic or water will stop your spark with a slight bit of casing wear.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another option is a blue limited coil from a 346XP. Limit is 14.4k, typically plenty of rpm for a 372 work saw. They can be found cheap also because nobody wants them.

They also have a little less advance at idle for easier starting. I swapped my stock 372 blue coil for a black unlimited coil and on first start the saw was racing like I had fast idle engaged. Not a big deal, just a difference