Any Chinese chainsaw and chinese parts discussion

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been using mine. Let a buddy who only has a 30cc echo use it, now he's buying a 572 haha.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who gets a saw ported then doesn't use it?
There's a few on here. Lol. This guy isn't on the forum though. I sold him a fresh rebuilt 034 on the phone before I sent him pics, even. Then he wanted it ported also. I think he just wanted a couple saws

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a few on here. Lol. This guy isn't on the forum though. I sold him a fresh rebuilt 034 on the phone before I sent him pics, even. Then he wanted it ported also. I think he just wanted a couple saws
I don't see psp guy's buying the clones
And hoarding them.
Guys i know that run saws are happy with them
A helper junks it or a skidder flattens it
Just buy another and keep going
Mine's paid for themselves.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't see psp guy's buying the clones
And hoarding them.
Guys i know that run saws are happy with them
A helper junks it or a skidder flattens it
Just buy another and keep going
Mine's paid for themselves.
My only hope is that they run enough oil in them and tune them properly to keep the bearings rolling smoothly. The plating in the jugs makes me nervous as well.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My only hope is that they run enough oil in them and tune them properly to keep the bearings rolling smoothly. The plating in the jugs makes me nervous as well.
Slick 50 1/1
last forever

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's up with the chinese chain brakes: why do they trigger so easily? My first 365 was fine, but I have tried to avoid using brake for the past several years until recently. I'm not sure why. I guess I never needed them. Anyway, my second 365 made by a different manufacturer would trigger the brake when I'd hit the throttle. I almost thought I wasn't going to be able to make test cuts with it.
I've had three like that i just disconnect them
Have many saws without brakes anyway.
If i go to sell them
I'll put oem guts in them.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody have any luck scoring some of the odd color versions of these saws? I've seen them in blue, green, red and some 2 tones on madeinchina.com but have been unable to get any of those outfits to ship one. Hardly need more saws, but there are so many of these things out there and the stranger they look, the more fun they are. :)

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody have any luck scoring some of the odd color versions of these saws? I've seen them in blue, green, red and some 2 tones on madeinchina.com but have been unable to get any of those outfits to ship one. Hardly need more saws, but there are so many of these things out there and the stranger they look, the more fun they are. :)
I might know a guy in aussie land
If you want a baumr.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the stranger they look, the more fun they are. :)

That's why I prefer a 2188 over a 390, different look. And I'm liking the dark blue of the 660's. I saw a yellow Efco Cub Cadet on CL that looked fun too, and I have an old green Efco John Deere that I wish worked.

Then you port these different colored saws and keep the chain good, and instead being seen as inferior to Husqy/Stihl by a glance at it's color, it will be remembered as the opposite. It will stand out as "that's the fast saw"

Jedd

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just joined so I could thank the lads in this thread! I am just a novice who cuts for firewood for self and couple of the extended family for what totals to about a month each year. Been using a trusty ms260 with mm for years but have found I am tackling bugger stuff recently. whilst the poor ol’ saw does it, a full weekend buried balls deep in the wood probably doesn’t do it or my temper much good! I wanted a bigger saw I could grab for the odd occasion. I was looking at used 460’s and 461’s but struggled to justify cost vs how much I would use the saw but after reading Czeds experiment and the others experiences I found a cheap new Chinese 365 on the local trade me site for $300nz (probably under $200 American). Boy did I get lucky - the saw they sent me was a 372! 50mm Piston, hightop, saved me the cost of upgrading the p&c. With all the info in this thread I have ripped it to bits to give it the once over, mildly (very mildly for my first time) ported it and done mm. Runs like a champ. HUGE thanks for taking the plunge and doing the research Czed, this looks like the perfect cheap power that I needed. Only problem I have now is it’s hard to resist pulling it to bits and tinkering with it more!

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like my situation. I needed a much bigger saw to cut big Ozzie hardwood. No way was I going to pay for Stihl/Husky around A$2,000 to do the job.

Got a cheap Chinese open port 365 and bumped it up to a closed port 77cc saw. Modded the carb, etc. and after almost 10 years it is still an impressive saw for anyone that uses it. A few little hick-ups along the way, but easily overcome.

Recently I thought I may have to replace the crank main bearings and seals as I got an air leak. However, it hadn't been used for about 8-9 months. After running it a bit the seals swelled back up and it is still running good. - I've already bought some OEM seals and when I get some time I'll swap them in.

Good value for a saw in this neck of the woods.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just joined so I could thank the lads in this thread! I am just a novice who cuts for firewood for self and couple of the extended family for what totals to about a month each year. Been using a trusty ms260 with mm for years but have found I am tackling bugger stuff recently. whilst the poor ol’ saw does it, a full weekend buried balls deep in the wood probably doesn’t do it or my temper much good! I wanted a bigger saw I could grab for the odd occasion. I was looking at used 460’s and 461’s but struggled to justify cost vs how much I would use the saw but after reading Czeds experiment and the others experiences I found a cheap new Chinese 365 on the local trade me site for $300nz (probably under $200 American). Boy did I get lucky - the saw they sent me was a 372! 50mm Piston, hightop, saved me the cost of upgrading the p&c. With all the info in this thread I have ripped it to bits to give it the once over, mildly (very mildly for my first time) ported it and done mm. Runs like a champ. HUGE thanks for taking the plunge and doing the research Czed, this looks like the perfect cheap power that I needed. Only problem I have now is it’s hard to resist pulling it to bits and tinkering with it more!
Welcome to the site i have two of those hi tops
I prefer lowtops but they do the job.
I'm guessing since the 365/372 was the earliest
Parts and complete Clones i saw here in the us.
They have most of the bugs worked out
Except those guy's across the many clone part copys of stihl or husky etc.
cannot make good wp bearings circlips fuel/pulse line's or intake boots
I know they can but don't it's aggravating.
Good crank seals though never had a bad one.
No issue's with their bearings either.
No real issues for me i have at least three
Different manufacturers parts and complete saws here.
They run fine stock i just like to tinker
Those hyway bb kits have impressed everyone that ran them here
Good cheap power.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Add to that, I took a set of ChiCom cases and put a Hyway 52mm popup top end on it, no base gasket (three bond 1184) with an "X-Torq" carb, black ignition to let it rev. Muffler mod too. Sent it out to a 24-7 pro logger a month and a half ago....still running daily...and still running strong. Says the bearings and seals survived. It does have an OEM crank. The X-Torq carb was OEM. Has OEM everything else too. But the point being those cases, bearings and seals seem to stand up because the bigger displacement and higher compression build that still spins "OE" (13,500 no load) RPM's is pounding those ChiCom parts way more than the stuff that comes with them.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Post some pics of what your cutting.
I have a few hundred storm damage tree's to cut for my nephew on his 30+ acres
I bought a 24" huztl chainsaw mill
To run the china saws on
The hyway saws will get a workout.
Inaccessible trees otherwise loggers don't want it i can leave all the tops and scraps i want.
It'll rot faster
Got some size pine,chestnut oak,walnut, hickory
And poplar etc.
Been running my 2 series some also.20190403_181303_HDR.jpg
Going to try a hyway 268 popup in a 268 I'm building.

Last edited:

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those 200 series Hoosky's are a lot of fun. Some day maybe a ChiCom version of that saw?? For me with all the "bones" laying around the shop, its cheaper just to scramble those eggs to build one vs. finding a AM option. And at this point either I start doing that or they might as well go to the scrap bin!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those 200 series Hoosky's are a lot of fun. Some day maybe a ChiCom version of that saw?? For me with all the "bones" laying around the shop, its cheaper just to scramble those eggs to build one vs. finding a AM option. And at this point either I start doing that or they might as well go to the scrap bin!
That's my next saw if i can import a clone 268.
I have a couple of 266/268s already
To compare.
My favorite saws I've ran them since the 80s