357xp intake port and piston skirt question

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
5:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So check out this picture, it is just as the upper ports are fully closed. Is this the point where the Intake should be fully open? As it starts to compress the crank case mix up through the ports? If so, should the skirt be trimmed back to give optimum intake flow and volume? It currently covers about 1/6th of the intake... Or am I getting this all wrong?
4eee171d0582124b323ef5a7128e4fa0.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
10:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That would be the same as grinding the floor lower on the cylinder intake. It would change your intake timing by about a good ten degrees or more.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
5:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be the same as grinding the floor lower on the cylinder intake. It would change your intake timing by about a good ten degrees or more.
Yep thought I was missing something and being dumb. Just looked strange to me. Just gonna run this stock, minus base gasket and start looking for the 272 parts for my hybrid that you talked me through..

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
10:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 361 muffler conversion wasn't plug and play having to completely reshape the flywheel side to clear the case. The case could be clearanced instead but I chose to avoid that. Also the cylinder needs a considerable amount of material cut from the squish.