High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

357xp .. Final Thoughts

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So the project 357 is fully completed and running. It starts easy, even without the decomp, runs very well, snappy revs off idle, oils very well,

and sounds great with the slightly opened muffler. I dearly wish all my saws started half so easily. It's currently set for 13,400 rpms until it's broken in.
20" Sigi bar, and a freshly spun loop of EXL
I'm really stoked about this saw, my first, and will get it into wood once the temps drop below 100..

But, I didn't do this by myself. All the members here lent knowledge and support, but there are a few honorable mentions, without who's knowledge this would not have come together.

In no particular order..

@Spike60
@afleetcommand for his 357/359 dead saw video
@Benwa for his video series documenting the build for @davidwyby
@treemonkey for his Walbro 199 repair video

and last, but certainly not least, and perhaps the biggest driving influence that made me believe I could do this..

@Onan18 for the extremely comprehensive 357/359 build thread...

I promise not to bore everyone and post any more pics until it hits wood..

KR8WtWP.jpg

tiBiF3N.jpg

Lp2AfYR.jpg

The bench is now cleared for the next victim.... a winter project.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the project 357 is fully completed and running. It starts easy, even without the decomp, runs very well, snappy revs off idle, oils very well,

and sounds great with the slightly opened muffler. I dearly wish all my saws started half so easily. It's currently set for 13,400 rpms until it's broken in.
I'm really stoked about this saw, my first, and will get it into wood once the temps drop below 100..

But, I didn't do this by myself. All the members here lent knowledge and support, but there are a few honorable mentions, without who's knowledge this would not have come together.

In no particular order..

@Spike60

and last, but certainly not least, and perhaps the biggest driving influence that made me believe I could do this..

KR8WtWP.jpg

tiBiF3N.jpg

Lp2AfYR.jpg

Nice.
A fulla can make some 372 felling spikes fit with a bit of metal filing and whatnot. Then the roller-catcher helps the saw stay upright when you set it down. And you thought it was finished....

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
10:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

In no particular order..

@Spike60

KR8WtWP.jpg

tiBiF3N.jpg

Lp2AfYR.jpg

You've got a leaf stuck to your recoil.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All the dudes you listed are legit as they come, congratulations on the successful project and a job well done. I felt the same way about my dads 036, it was just special. Started great, more than enough power, was just such a good saw.

Glad you got one out of the 357, heard they're supposed to be excellent!

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks gents!

Alot of nice 357's posted up!!

What's next? I don't know yet... I guess whatever comes my way, but I'm open to suggestions... Got an old 257, a 576xp and a 552 (550 mkll). I was always taken by the 346, but who knows. I'll get something to keep me occupied this winter, which, in light of the weather, can't get here soon enough!

As for that pesky leaf, I might have to shoot another photo. :cool: