357/ 359 muffler's

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have an oem or aftermarket muffler for this series that has no internal baffle? Would like to know if oem ever made a muffler like this.
I cannot find anyone around that wants to split a muffler and reweld it.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have an oem or aftermarket muffler for this series that has no internal baffle? Would like to know if oem ever made a muffler like this.
I cannot find anyone around that wants to split a muffler and reweld it.
AM have the same partition wall that the OEM have. I used a tube and drilled and ground as much if the wall as I could from the back. Let me knownif you want to see inside pics.
a9a99d8b3acc149683ba843501e90cd0.jpg

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My biggest set back is I have to run spark arrestor on any jobsite I'm on. I've used 288 deflector on the clutch side behind the baffle before but had melting issues with chain brake handle

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did the oem euro pipe muffler have a baffle too?
Not so much a baffle as a wall in the middle. Not sure on the euro muffler. The AM one I have has the little tube and the same wall as my oem ones.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fed and state forest law enforcement has inspected my equip many times over the years, I've even been questioned on a 372 with 4 exhaust ports lol. They all had screens so the officer said it looked good to him

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Remove some of the baffle/wall and move the deflector to the front half of the muffler. That should clear the chain brake I think.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Red97 medium deflector with mesh on a 359 box, centre wall no longer a problem. I've done three 357/9s, all had a centre wall. Only Huskys of 9 I've done to have a centre wall too.

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_125009.jpg
    IMG_20200923_125009.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 55

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AM have the same partition wall that the OEM have. I used a tube and drilled and ground as much if the wall as I could from the back. Let me knownif you want to see inside pics.
a9a99d8b3acc149683ba843501e90cd0.jpg
Holy crap, that a 357? Clean saw for sure, wished I could find one that nice

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Red97 medium deflector with mesh on a 359 box, centre wall no longer a problem. I've done three 357/9s, all had a centre wall. Only Huskys of 9 I've done to have a centre wall too.
Not to put down your work quality, but that unsupported screen wouldn't last long, at least in the woods I saw in.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From both vibrations and sticks finding their way between the screen and muffler body. I'm constantly replacing poked screens. Lots of hawthorn bushes up here in my thinning units, it all has to be cut. Normally I grab the 265rx clearing saw with a 10 inch saw blade but it's needing work, and parts have been backordered for a month.
Hawthorne is nasty, it's got sharp thorns and gets caught on everything, it's kinda a hardwood, when you cut it the saw throws the limbs at you and the powerhead, I'm always getting tangled in that crap, and throw a genuine cussing brushfit!

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From both vibrations and sticks finding their way between the screen and muffler body. I'm constantly replacing poked screens. Lots of hawthorn bushes up here in my thinning units, it all has to be cut. Normally I grab the 265rx clearing saw with a 10 inch saw blade but it's needing work, and parts have been backordered for a month.
Hawthorne is nasty, it's got sharp thorns and gets caught on everything, it's kinda a hardwood, when you cut it the saw throws the limbs at you and the powerhead, I'm always getting tangled in that crap, and throw a genuine cussing brushfit!
So you almost need a screen for the screen? What a scenario.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My goal is to flatten out the front of the muffler above the brace and install a 288 deflector and screen point downwards. I've found this way of doing it protects the screen the most from objects that the chain catches and throws back at the powerhead . Problem is that darn divider needs to be just gone

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So you almost need a screen for the screen? What a scenario.
You see, here is the thing. I can fell timber with a half wrap saw all day just fine. A full wrap does make it easier. But, I do not buy a full wrap just to make my day go by with less hassel, I think of a full wrap as the saws roll cage. Up here in idaho the mountains are steep, I've had several occasions were you set down the saw to set a wedge or whatever and down the hill she goes! Very minor damage with full wrap, a half wrap, you will probably be replacing a decom valve on older huskys and a clutch cover

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My goal is to flatten out the front of the muffler above the brace and install a 288 deflector and screen point downwards. I've found this way of doing it protects the screen the most from objects that the chain catches and throws back at the powerhead . Problem is that darn divider needs to be just gone
Any 'hole' you stick in the front should let you carry on and drill through the divider tho yeah? That new hole and the one that supplies the standard outlet should be more than ample? I'm sorry i don't have a muffler not buried on a saw in the shed somewhere to visualize so i might be off on a tangent with that tho.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can drill through the exhaust opening and grind as much as you want from there. That should help your front exit port. Here is a pic from mine before it was finished.
07e3dee7c1a944dae1440d2d9d6aca0f.jpg

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Y
Any 'hole' you stick in the front should let you carry on and drill through the divider tho yeah? That new hole and the one that supplies the standard outlet should be more than ample? I'm sorry i don't have a muffler not buried on a saw in the shed somewhere to visualize so i might be off on a tangent with that tho.
Yes that is true, I prefer an empty can for other reasons. My personal belief is the muffler acts as a mini expansion chamber. 372, 390 don't have a divider and I feel the empty can does well on these saws. I might be full of ear wax on that subject but gotta believe in something right?