High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

WoodsliverDan

Mechanical Beaver Builder
Local time
4:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a anniversary edition 288xp I picked up, runs great, no issues, until it gets low on gas. I say this because when it gets down to less than 1/4 tank, the idle picks up speed, like its leaning out. The fuel filter/weight is free to move around, I've checked. Any ideas? Thanks, Dan

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a anniversary edition 288xp I picked up, runs great, no issues, until it gets low on gas. I say this because when it gets down to less than 1/4 tank, the idle picks up speed, like its leaning out. The fuel filter/weight is free to move around, I've checked. Any ideas? Thanks, Dan
Fuel line

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Along with the other points already mentioned and for the purpose of elimination, you should vac test through the fuel line to check out the tank vent ...often shows a problem after the saw has run for a while if its blocked . Also, with a open tank cap and the line blocked off a pressure test should show any line leak issues ...I find it a good start before taking things apart.

Last edited: