2012 Dodge Ram 2500 CCLB carrier bearing

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
2:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am needing to replace my my carrier bearing but am reading conflicting information and hope you all can help. I am seeing that some folks are recommending Spicer 210391-1x and others are saying not to use it. I`m willing to pay the price for quality but the Spicer is being touted by some as beefier and it is half the price of 68065263AA on drivetrainamerica and other drivetrain sites.

Anyone have first hand knowledge?

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spicer definatley makes quality stuff, I have installed many spicer u-joints and bearing kits for differentials, I have never had any problems with the quality, as far as your specific part # I have no experience with it but I would use spicer and have confidence that you are getting a quality part.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We do drivelines here. The solid rubber spicer is probably better than the ballon rubber of the other.
you cant take those office dwellers anywhere and they question everything

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no first hand experience with it but I very seldom do carrier bearings on any large pickups. They just don't go bad often. I'm sure either one will do just fine. Don't let a bunch of peeps on an internet forum tell you what to buy. Go with your gut and don't look back. I personally would go with either as spicer builds quality parts.

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We do drivelines here. The solid rubber spicer is probably better than the balloon rubber of the other.
Thanks. I just can't find anything definitive on which Spicer part to use. I am going to try and call Spicer tomorrow and see if I get anywhere with them.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I replaced mine a few months ago on my ‘99 cclb but for the life of me I cannot remember what brand I installed.. Either way, it’s been holding up well. Install took a couple hours in my garage without a lift. Did everything on the floor.