18v. Dewalt stuff.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
8:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm really curious about the electric grease gun. I use a lot of grease round here. Enough my arms get sore Bought 2 lincolns. They would be ok in a shop. Mine hits the road with me. Sucked. At the moment my gun works. Charger does not.
Have a nice stock of 18v batteries. Looking to see if anyone here does any major greasing. 2 plus tubes a day ? Just really wondering if anyone has tried the dewalt? We can bicker also about what cordless is good and best all the same to me.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dad had a couple Lincoln grease guns. Like yours, the chargers or batteries seemed to fail before the gun. But at the time 10-15 years ago they were pretty popular. Don't have the experience with other manufacturers

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2 friends of mine have battery lincolns. I've not been impressed enough to go but one. Lincoln quality has went downhill to me. Returned the last pistol style 3 times before I got a good one. The dewalt would be easier to swallow in price.

Have you tried a 2 speed pistol? I bought the deere rebranded alemite 555 last year. Like it so far.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have two speed pistol in truck. Love it. It's a Lincoln. Some jobs take too much grease at once though. Corn heads tube per row. Two head. Straw walkers on bines

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a Lincoln and it was junk. I have a 18V Milwaukee now but cannot give an opinion on it yet

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Lincoln has given me enough problems too. Not sure I want to spend the money on a new charger. I've heard real good things about the Milwaukee myself. However I have a ton of 18v dewalt stuff so i may end up with the greaser just to try

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For years I have used DeWalt cordless and corded tools. I have a 14.4v drill and 5 3/8 saw that I bought in 1997. They still work. I honestly do not know how many 18V DeWalt drills I have. I have no issues with them with the exception of the LI batteries are tough ti get used to and are EXPENSIVE. For years I have used Mag Lites but since I had tons of DeWalt batteries I decided to try their flashlights. I was pleased with them

This past summer I wanted a 3/4 drive cordless impact and the Milwaukee looked far and above superior to the DeWalt. When it was all said and done I ended up with the 3/4 impact, a 1/2 drill, a smaller impact, and the grease gun along with 5 batteries. I figured I would try their lights also. WHAT A GREAT LIGHT. I love them

Dan f

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can't go wrong with any of those brands

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am amazed at how little corded tools Milwaukee and DeWalt make today

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone wants cordless I guess. Inside the shop I do usually grab cordless just so I don't have to drag a cord out. Certain jobs though cordless just doesn't cut it

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will say I am amazed at the power of my 3/4 Milwaukee impact and the portability is great. In the shop I wanted a corded tool. I cannot see using a cordless circ saw all day although the little 5 3/4 is nice. I had a 16" Makita circ saw and I still have a 12" Porter Cable circ saw. Those are just not ever going to be cordless