High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

090 based case reed motor.

Charlee cee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Greetings all. I’ve been a lurker for a while. I don’t have any saws at the moment anymore. But I wanted to share a case reed motor I made with an 090 rotating assembly. It’s for hobby use. Non the less I’d figure I can drop this here. I’m not a very good machinist but I try me best. Moderators, if you feel like this does not belong here, please feel free to take down. I have gotten so much inspiration from your builds it’s my turn to say thank you. This is an almost finished project. Close to firing it up. Second case reed I’ve made using this cylinder.

chinese 090 crank.
Chinese top end (for testing purposes)
Rm65 vforce
Wb23-k4 carb
Home made crank case
Home made manifold
Home made head shell
2 added boost ports.
Custom made pipe

Adjustable timing slide. Since the application is. It saw related I don’t go into detail. naturally my port timings are different. Every hobby has their own way of porting motors. Hopefully you guys can find something useful.

Pictures are not in much of an order as I took them randomly throughout. But I’m sure you guys can figure them out. I have over 200 pics. I can’t upload all of them. But I will try my best to load important ones

2AE9EB6E-8853-4183-A85F-C79E29801589.jpeg
this is how it currently sits.

3F481734-BBEA-4C33-9C05-6A86FE6C8AEB.jpeg

Here are some of the start and machining process.
I can’t upload them all at once. So I will upload the little by little. Again. Mods. If this is not in the right spot. Feel free to remove.
77CD3AA3-C35E-4065-8CDC-CC4B1DE777C5.jpeg BAC4738B-B6D2-48DE-A33D-8867C7BC0BB2.jpeg A72A0F70-EAD0-4761-9D90-06376730D10B.jpeg

Charlee cee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Little more info on this.
this particular project I was forced shrink this motor down as much as possible. (Quite a challenge)
It for dressed using g230rc parts. (Hobby motor)
Things that I had to do and some reasonings.
I machined the crank down to accept more modern ball bearings. I used skf bearings. Cut the crank and well to narrow it down. Machine tapers.
Crank comp is 1.3
Main como is 12.1
Exh duration is at 168
Traders 134
Boosts 134
Static ignition at 20ish deg
Pipe made using these timings.
Harley Davidson décimo valve
26mm carb Ish
This motor will eventually end up in a rc car. But I will tune in the scooter Because tbshd the only chassis I have that it’s compatible in. But I don’t wanna bet too into that

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm out of the loop I guess .Firstly it's a wonderful job of machining but I have a question .The blue green o-ring on the head what in the world is it made of to withstand the heat ? The only rings of any kind I've seen were on vertical twin Indian motorcycles of 498 cc .Those were flat rings were made of soft copper or aluminum .Of course small block Chevys used metal head gaskets .Those o-rings must be made of stuff I've never heard of .

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm out of the loop I guess .Firstly it's a wonderful job of machining but I have a question .The blue green o-ring on the head what in the world is it made of to withstand the heat ? The only rings of any kind I've seen were on vertical twin Indian motorcycles of 498 cc .Those were flat rings were made of soft copper or aluminum .Of course small block Chevys used metal head gaskets .Those o-rings must be made of stuff I've never heard of .
Viton O rings are commonly used in these situations

Charlee cee

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Great question. I’m not exactly sure what the chemical comp of such o rings. They have a maximum rating of 450 deg f. They withstand hydrocarbon based fuels. Manufacturer claims they hold well for my application. I’ve used them before. They are a viton hybrid iirc (don’t quote me). Most o rings are silicone based. A lot of manufacturers guard their secrets of formulas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk