High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

066 "Reassembled in the USA using foreign parts"

weeks auto

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
A while back I got a freebie smashed 066 that I that was barely good for a parts saw. After pondering what to do with it and asking some questions on here I decided to build a play/novice race saw with it since it would never be a show piece, and since I bought a much nicer 660. So over the last few months I have been watching the sales on HLS and have picked up the needed bits for real cheap to make it a runner again.

I hope to get it running with just a muffler mod, .020" of key timing advance/ and .010 paper base gasket to bring squish to .022. After it runs decent I want to try my hand at porting it ( or destroying it), as I have finally acquired enough cheap amazon porting tools. It should be a learning experience either way. Any critiques, advice or criticism is welcomed.

Today it was raining so I decided to jump in and see if I could assemble this roach and get it running. I got it all together with .022 squish, advanced the timing by taking .020 off the key. When I was installing the intake I notice a small slit in the rubber so I did not get to fire it up. Now I have to wait for an intake which who knows how long that will take from my local dealer.

As for parts, I am using:
Stihl OEM-
Piston and Cylinder, with fin damage
Carb and intake
Bearings
Impulse and fuel line
Air filter cover (plastic welded)
066 Badge
recoil
oil pump
Brake flag and parts
coil
Flywheel Missing 4 fins
Clutch and related parts
AV Rubbers
029 Plastic clutch cover
Chain adjuster of a parts 036

AM Parts-
Case
Complete handle/tank
Wrap handle
Muffler
Top cover
HD2
Seals (probably a mistake)

What I started with
vsgiFOk.jpg

1zWpvL7.jpg

Where I am at today
2tKITBy.jpg

fMnSgtI.jpg

5sRlxpR.jpg

ZqlBBiq.jpg

gtcley7.jpg

nbUOruq.jpg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t trust a flywheel with that many broken fins personally, a burst hazard. Just looking out for you. I think there’s am 66 flywheels for cheap out there. That saw actually looks like it’s in decent shape imho.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would replace that flywheel too! Have any of you out there replaced the oem poly flywheel with an aftermarket aluminum ones?

weeks auto

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I will order a new AM flywheel today. Hopefully they are a decent performer. Does anyone have experience with the aluminum replacement AM flywheels?

weeks auto

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Take the same amount of fins off the opposite side so it balances. If it's going to be a racer, what are you out?
This was my original thought, but the with the broken fins on the cylinder. maybe it is best if I buy an AM one for the cooling. I may just run the broken one until I get it running good, then change to the AM one and see if it affects performance.

weeks auto

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I ordered an AM flywheel today, and this evening after dinner decided it needed a little something in the exhaust area. So I tig welded on some 3/4" stainless pipe. Now I just need to exhaust port match it and ceramic coat it, But I may leave it like this til I port the cylinder.
u3oJGoG.jpg

h7ymIvM.jpg

91ICdBW.jpg

vyJSoNo.jpg
wi43iT7.jpg

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good!

weeks auto

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The postman dropped of my parts to finish the her today, so after dinner I finished assembly with the new intake, flywheel, and air filter. Threw a good 20" bar and chain on it, fired it up (sounds real nice), threw a quick tune on it and went outside just before dark to see how she cut and rocked the hell out of my only sharp 20" chain. Stupid gravel lane. Well it still sounds good and looks decent. Ill sharpen a few chains tomorrow and give it another test.

Now that this stage is done, it is time to try and ruin it by porting it myself!!

Finished Product
SOcwYAf.jpg

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great! Are you going to post any videos of it?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way I did it was to use YouTube, I didn’t have a YouTube account set up, so I had to do that to, but once you do it’s pretty easy, you just click the media option in the option bar and and copy and paste the url from your YouTube video. I didn’t real want to do it but now I am super glad I set it up and did it!