066 / MS660 R Magnum AV Annular Buffers

Timbco84

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for some solid info on what annular buffers come on 066 / MS660 3/4 wrap handlebar Magnum saws in stock configuration? There are 3 replacement options of soft, normal and hard. I have seen some speculation that some models factory equipped with wrap handles and long bars come with harder durometer AV mounts. Just looking for info of the actual correct replacement Stihl OEM annular buffers for these saws so vibrations and chassis flex stays the same as factory produced. Thanks.

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just looked over the ipl. Stihl doesn't break it down to witch av buffers are on the wrap saws specifically.

The av buffers them selves have identifying number moulded in to them.

Like 1122/22 for the hard av buffer. That has the metal plate that bolts to the pto side case.

Thinking you will have to pull the buffers and check the numbers on them to be sure.Screenshot_20210624-055434.png

Timbco84

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was able to find enough numbers on the destroyed av mounts to identify which durometer they were. On this red light 066 with 3/4 wrap handle, the installed mounts were "hard". I have no way to confirm they are the originals based on the age of the saw and it having changed hands at least twice, although no I indications that they were not the originals. Hopefully somebody sees this thread that has a little more insight.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally would choose the softness based on the bar length I'd use most, harder for longer bars.