Zep Dyna 143 cleaner and degreaser

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone used this stuff before? I got a screaming deal on some and filled my big parts washer with it. I didn't know if anyone has used it before and could tell me if it reacts with aluminum, magnesium, or eats plactics... Thanks!

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not used that one. I've used Zep 505 industrial cleaner and degreaser from Home Depot. I don't have a parts washer so I just used the stationary tub and a brush. It had no ill effects on the plastic and it worked about the same simply green or purple power for me. I don't let aluminum parts sit too long though either.

I'm curious to see how that line works for you.

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have my ultrasonic sitting on top of it and have not even tried it yet. I have some parts that are not able to be repaired. I may soak them for a week or two and see if it eats anything. I will drop a cylinder, cracked clutch cover, some rubber part, and a plastic part. I think that should have everything covered so we will know if there are any I'll effects.

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had these parts soaking in the cleaner for well over a month now. I see no ill effects whatsoever. I also notice the parts didn't get all sparkly clean just soaking either. Touching them with a brush does take the crud off though. The paint still looks as good as it did when I dropped the parts in. IMG_20161228_213346292.jpg