zama carb

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello everyone . I have a husqvarna 125b leaf blower with carb problems. When I go to prime it no fuel will come out of the return line and the bulb fills up and gets hard . New primer bulb and screen in the carb .. I've had this problem before with zama and gave up and ordered a new carb .. I would really like to know what is wrong and what I'm doing wrong . Thanks .

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I had taken that out as well seems to be moving pretty well . Sprayed it real well with carb cleaner ..

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I moved this thread to the chainsaw forum........I know, not a saw. It will get a lot more exposure there though.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The bulb sucks fuel through the carb and then overflows from the bulb to the tank usually . As its filling I would think its getting a flow through the carb so if you can be "sure of that" then the thing to check is the connection direction of the fuel lines from and to the new purge bulb and if unit is indeed working ok. I have had the odd duff non return valve in a new bulb unit.

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. I just figured out the problem . I just bought the blower . And apparently the fuel line rotted through and they had gotten the lines mixed up to the carb . Looked at my other blower and it was obvious. Also what do i use do adjust the hi low screws ?A little different than my chainsaws .

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If it has the rotary carb it might have 1 main needle but not always. but at the top of the rotor there is a needle that is typically adjustable after you pick the epoxy out of it or drill the brass ball out of it. it will only effect the mid range and low end.

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. Well I was just wondering what tool fits the hi low screws . I don't have one all my chainsaws are just a flat screwdriver

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok. Well I was just wondering what tool fits the hi low screws . I don't have one all my chainsaws are just a flat screwdriver
Well if it has the high low adjustable jets a dremel can make em work for a flat screwdriver. I've done that to many carbs cause I don't want to buy a special tool for each carb out there

ANewSawyer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Get a piece of 1/8 inch alminum tubing from lowes or something you can push down over the screw. If tubing, flare one end to fit over the screw and crimp the other to accept a screwdriver. Delete the cat, too, while you are at it.

This kit has what you need plus some other ones useful to have around. I paid $10 for the set a month ago. Well, amazon won't let me link. Just search "carb tool kit" on amazon.

Last edited:

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I'll try the tubing . Thanks everybody..

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just for info if you get the idea to rekit a Zama you must be certain all the numbers match or it won't work .It isn't like say a Tillotson HS where one fits all .Zama being Zama they made about a zillion variations within the same model type .