High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Your Worst Online & In person Saw Buying Expereince?

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best place to do deals for me is right here or local friendly daytime sellers. Plenty of places to look and buy around here. Craigslist is good for pot luck truck loads. I pass on nervous people and ragged out anything. Don't even call about the hot 200T's anymore.

The last saw bought was hurt but I knew it. That clean SP70
I Love It!
"I pass on nervous people...:SimpHomer:
DITTO!

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW...where can a get a decent set of "normal felling spikes" for me 038AV?
Also what parts are interchangeable between the 038AV & the Super?
Carb???
The saw I bought the other night is a pretty decent runner, YET it needs 2-3 blast of starter fuel to fire up!!:(

Last edited:

cease232

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found a mint 371xp locally. Planned to meet the guy on my lunch break from work. Hauled ass across town to the meeting place. Guy keeps texting me he’ll be there any minute. . . For 20 minutes. I had to go back to work. Guy finally calls me back later that day and says sorry it sold. I later saw it reposted for more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found a mint 371xp locally. Planned to meet the guy on my lunch break from work. Hauled ass across town to the meeting place. Guy keeps texting me he’ll be there any minute. . . For 20 minutes. I had to go back to work. Guy finally calls me back later that day and says sorry it sold. I later saw it reposted for more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
:chuck::buitre:

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made a fair offer on a saw on this site, owner agreed and kept stalling on boxing it up. Finally I gave up and just let it go. Didn’t bother me too much until the non seller started posting glamour pics of the saw in some other thread.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made a fair offer on a saw on this site, owner agreed and kept stalling on boxing it up. Finally I gave up and just let it go. Didn’t bother me too much until the non seller started posting glamour pics of the saw in some other thread.

Sorry Man. :D

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found a saw an hour from me and offered to buy it. Seller said ok and said since I was coming from an hour away he would hold on to it until I got there. I left right away and got there within an hour, only to have the sh*thead tell me he just sold it to a guy for $20 more than he listed it for. There is a special place in hell for "people" with no integrity.

TALLGUY

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found a brand new 24" bar on c list a few weeks ago. Several hours from my home but in a town I pass through. It was still listed when I was headed out for a visit. Texted the add and guy said sure no problem. When I got into town no answer. I didn't have a address. I made my visit and headed home next day texted I would be by again and no answer. When I got home he texted. I replied maybe next week on my return trip. He said no problem I'll hold it. The next week meeting went great. Some times things just dont work out the first attempt. In the end this one worked out good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW...where can a get a decent set of "normal felling spikes" for me 038AV?
Also what parts are interchangeable between the 038AV & the Super?
Carb???
The saw I bought the other night is a pretty decent runner, YET it needs 2-3 blast of starter fuel to fire up!!:(
Most of the parts from any of the 038 series are interchangeable .BTW it's not a good idea to use starting fluid .Better option is a squeeze bottle with mix gas .--just saying ----

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bought a parts saw off of E-bay and the listing did not say what was wrong with the saw, so I assumed it was blown up and purchased it as I needed everything else for a crush repair. After I got the saw sure enough, straight gassed to a grizzly death. I kinda figured this fella new what he was peddling and didn't bother to say to increase his odds of a sale. So when I filled out the ratings after the sale I said "Thank you so much, saw runs great!" LOL

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve bought quite a few on eBay and CL. All have been good except for a 298XP I bought marked for parts. But experience has been only minor things wrong, yet that was not the case here. Outside was great with decals and all clean. But cylinder chrome was flaked away, no spark, and the crank bearings were loud and rough. Not much left to salvage for sure. I also found out he had taken it back a couple of months prior, probably for the same reasons.

I will say that he was good to work with taking it back even though it was partly my fault for buying it.

They say education costs money too. So how much do I want to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two goofy incidentsyesterday:
1.) Was up till 1pm negotiating with a guy in Hunah, TN over a MS660 for $200.
Owns a tree service, truck is in the shop and he's about to sell his biggest felling saw fer $200!!:rolleyes:
Suppose to hold it for me till 9am...texts me back and says, "I pawned it to my Pa for money & dope!"
Cross him off the list!
2.) Next up is a stud in Oxford, AL with a super clean 028 Super for $75...exchanged numbers, explained I was 2 hrs away...he keeps texting, "how fer are YA now?" every 20 minutes...stopped to grab a snack...come back to the car...look @ my cell phone and there is type of slurred gibberish in text message format, saying we was driving to meet me on the highway with "TWO Different Locations" listed!!
All of a sudden he fades to black, no calls, text, or FB inboxes...I do a major U-Turn & call it a day!
O for 2 yesterday fellas!!:buitre::cursing:
I seemed to have a strange batch of substance abusers with chainsaws and the results are less than savory.
Pray they get some help and nobody blast's them over a crazy stunt.

But...I'm going to fetch a super-sweet 038Mag in a few!!:kitt-kit::pontiac::smiley_1140:

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My pet peeve is when the heading reads “Brand new” and as you read thru the listing it states “only used a couple times”. Come on, it’s either brand new or it’s used.
One of mine is this, "Runs like new, ONLY needs piston/cylinder, bearings, and carb kit!"

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worst saw buying experience for me was a poulan 5020 off the bay, this wasn't anybodies fault but USPS, ebay refunded me even though I told them I don't want the money back the saw was sitting at the post office a couple miles from me for 3 weeks and said my address was invalid even though they've been delivering mail to my house every day. I repaid the seller through PayPal. I went to the Post office to try to get my saw but they wouldn't let me take it even though I had all of the information but they delivered it 3 days later.