High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Your Worst Online & In person Saw Buying Expereince?

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had the honor & pleasure of buying some awesome saws from some awesome guys on OPE and other Professional sites online.
Yet, I have also had the tortuous experience of negotiating, sending countless messages, and talking/meeting with folks who were either close kin to Michael Myers or totally clueless on how to negotiate/sell a chainsaw!
Case in point, just met a guy in person in front of my Sheriffs office, he was gabby gator via text & over the phone, he & I exit our P/U trucks...he doesn't utter a word...reaches into the truck bed and hands me a violin case looking apparatus, and I open it to find a 038 AV instead of a 038 Mag!!

I ask him, "Where in the hell is the saw we've been talking about for 4 days, the 038 Magnum?"
Mean while sweat's pouring down his face & neck like he just finished running a marathon!:eek:
He still is as quiet as a church mouse...I kinda pat my old S&W 9 mm in the front pocket for some comfort, by this time, I'm feeling tingly all over and the adrenaline is rushing through me like crazy.
I said, "I give you $150 for this saw, not $250 like we agreed upon for the 038 Mag!"
He NEVER freaking blinks!!!
I took one hundred dollar bill & a $50 and stuffed them in his mitts...and scream out, "LATER!"
Sling the saw in the bed of my Tundra and haul ASH!!!:kitt-kit:
Listen, I'm being a tad comical, but this was a Bad Experience...and could have turned nasty!!
When I looked back he was still just standing like a statue, but had lit a up cigarette & was puffing away!:icon_popcorn:
What has been your worst online/in-person chainsaw buying experience?
I think this could be a decent thread to help each other out, give some tips of do's & don'ts, and also to vent!

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had the honor & pleasure of buying some awesome saws from some awesome guys on OPE and other Professional sites online.
Yet, I have also had the tortuous experience of negotiating, sending countless messages, and talking/meeting with folks who were either close kin to Michael Myers or totally clueless on how to negotiate/sell a chainsaw!
Case in point, just met a guy in person in front of my Sheriffs office, he was gabby gator via text & over the phone, he & I exit our P/U trucks...he doesn't utter a word...reaches into the truck bed and hands me a violin case looking apparatus, and I open it to find a 038 AV instead of a 038 Mag!!

I ask him, "Where in the hell is the saw we've been talking about for 4 days, the 038 Magnum?"
Mean while sweat's pouring down his face & neck like he just finished running a marathon!:eek:
He still is as quiet as a church mouse...I kinda pat my old S&W 9 mm in the front pocket for some comfort, by this time, I'm feeling tingly all over and the adrenaline is rushing through me like crazy.
I said, "I give you $150 for this saw, not $250 like we agreed upon for the 038 Mag!"
I took one hundred dollar bill & a $50 and stuffed them in his mitts...and scream out, "LATER!"
Listen, I being a tad comical, but this was a Bad Experience...and could have turned nasty!!
When I looked back he was still just standing like a statue, but had lit a up cigarette & was puffing away!:icon_popcorn:
I think this could be a decent thread to help each other out, give some tips of do's & don'ts, and also to vent!

He had a guilty conscience selling a stolen saw in front of a sheriff's office lol.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had high hopes for this eBay saw! Seemed like a good deal, a few issues but nothing crazy....9E8ECAC6-B088-4DC0-B790-950910388802.jpeg
Listing looked good..,but the poor saw...E21F4EDB-F367-4907-8813-DB1723229D48.jpeg1773C13A-F106-41DA-9165-F0C894B244A1.jpeg
She took a major crushing in shipping...I cryed...contacted the seller...he only put $50 shipping insurance on it, so I would have been out more to send it back! Got her all fixed up now, but it took a few years to get all the parts, and she still isn’t perfect!
2003CE66-ED52-4BFC-800B-843B1FA54B45.jpeg 3099729C-2BC7-4633-9545-016B2E320255.jpeg

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
12:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My experiences have been good, mostly.

Just got this gem off of an AS member. A bit my fault, as I didn’t demand a piston pic, nor did he provide one.

The way he handled it left me with a bad taste in my mouth though.

262XP

2139929D-3BA5-48AD-BF4D-D3044A08D0D8.jpeg

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good on here and AS (selling and buying parts, bars, projects, etc.).

Not the best on Craigslist for saws or parts. Got fair deals on wood stoves and metal stovepipe, though.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My experiences have been good, mostly.

Just got this gem off of an AS member. A bit my fault, as I didn’t demand a piston pic, nor did he provide one.

The way he handled it left me with a bad taste in my mouth though.

262XP

View attachment 141507
Kinda know how that one goes, but also somewhat my fault.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evilbay seller Patrick Ryan O’Neil.

011 off evilby. “Saw will run”. Not!

It was straight out of a landfill. Corrosion damage rendered the crankcase assembly worthless. Scored to a fare the well. Carb shafts frozen. On and on. [emoji90]

Eight pictures and a complaint to EBay later he had to refund and pay return shipping.
[emoji29]
Fellow is in north central Arkansas.

He has posted saws for sale on AS.
[emoji849]
Proceed at your own peril!

Last edited:

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anything I’ve ever sold on Facebook:
I’ve been offered a waterbed, barn boards, cheap pocket knives, and other junk in trade for a saw.
If the saw is listed for $300, someone will offer me $150, and be upset when I say no.
I’ll get lowball offers at 2 am, and then when I don’t reply right away because I’m sleeping, I get a string of rude messages.
People who complain that I’m charging too much for the saw, because their farm boss or pool on pro was cheaper new.
People across the state, who want me to deliver to them, 4 or 5 hours away.

It’s probably not worth the hassle, but at least I don’t get as many scam emails as I do on Craigslist.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evilbay seller Patrick Ryan Oniel.

011 off evilby. “Saw will run”. Not!

It was straight out of a landfill. Corrosion damage rendered the crankcase assembly worthless. Scored to a fare the well. Carb shafts frozen. On and on. [emoji90]

Eight pictures and a complaint to EBay later he had to refund and pay return shipping.
[emoji29]
Fellow is in north central Arkansas.

He has posted saws for sale on AS.
[emoji849]
Proceed at your own peril!
...damn!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Listen, I'm being a tad comical, but this was a Bad Experience...and could have turned nasty!!
No doubt...geeked up selling a hot saw!

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy lots of new saws, I was trying a new stihl/ husqvarna dealer. Bought 2 new 395xp saws in one day. About a month later I went to that dealer and tried to order a ms150t and ms241, they told me I had to buy 2 at a time like the 395's. I laughed and said are you kidding me, I ordered the 395's because I needed them not because you made me...They actually thought I'd fall for it... and would not order me a single 241 or 150t... I'll never step foot in their again... went to the next dealer and they ordered each for me... since then I've bought a dozen or so from the new dealer...

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anything I’ve ever sold on Facebook:
I’ve been offered a waterbed, barn boards, cheap pocket knives, and other junk in trade for a saw.
If the saw is listed for $300, someone will offer me $150, and be upset when I say no.
I’ll get lowball offers at 2 am, and then when I don’t reply right away because I’m sleeping, I get a string of rude messages.
People who complain that I’m charging too much for the saw, because their farm boss or pool on pro was cheaper new.
People across the state, who want me to deliver to them, 4 or 5 hours away.

It’s probably not worth the hassle, but at least I don’t get as many scam emails as I do on Craigslist.

My standard reply to C’list scammers and low ballers.
30efe6fb5488efe79d5ac57b7859a8c5.jpg

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had high hopes for this eBay saw! Seemed like a good deal, a few issues but nothing crazy....View attachment 141492
Listing looked good..,but the poor saw...View attachment 141494View attachment 141493
She took a major crushing in shipping...I cryed...contacted the seller...he only put $50 shipping insurance on it, so I would have been out more to send it back! Got her all fixed up now, but it took a few years to get all the parts, and she still isn’t perfect!
View attachment 141496 View attachment 141495
Glad you got her up, running, and looking sweet!

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've only had one problem and it was my fault .I low balled a Mac PM 610,got the bid then made the mistake of telling the guy what was wrong with it .A month later no saw No reply , more PM's .Then I informed him he had 36 hours to send me the tracking numbers or else I report postal fraud with the USPS .It was paid for with a postal money order . Next day I got the numbers .He eventually got thrown off flea bay .

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other thing I hate with selling thru online ads is the guy that says he’s not from your area but really needs the saw. He’ll be more than glad to send you a money order/check if you ship him the saw. :bash:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Best place to do deals for me is right here or local friendly daytime sellers. Plenty of places to look and buy around here. Craigslist is good for pot luck truck loads. I pass on nervous people and ragged out anything. Don't even call about the hot 200T's anymore.

The last saw bought was hurt but I knew it. That clean SP70