5:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Intake ended up at 84
Exhst ended up at 96
Trans ended up at 122
Squish is in the pics below

Took 0.030 off the base and 0.050 outta the chamber. I'm curious about how much compression it will have where it is...... but a bunch of smart guys are liking most of these numbers, so the next step is that I'm going to raise the transferrs a little and clean up the ports a smidgeon.IMG_5392.JPGIMG_5393.JPG

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I must not be too smart. I do not really like those numbers. LOL

I'm with the chimp on this one... too much exhaust and intake duration for my liking.

Was the exhaust previously raised on this cylinder? That sounds like factory port timing. I'm surprised to see it that high after cutting the squishband.

Lets keep in mind that this NIB OEM cylinder was given to this cause from @big t double . It's numbers (without a gasket) outta the box were 82.5 intake, 91.5-92 exhaust, 120 transferrs.

Something else to keep in mind is that one of the best running 90cc saws in a 36" build off at a GTG where several Tennesseean porters attended had very similar numbers .........

I'd like to drop the cylinder more, but we need to remember a few things about this as well ........ this is a work saw that can't have too much compression. As she sits now, I'm not considering epoxy for the intake, and I don't have to clearance the outer transferrs to the case. Ryan has chosen to make the best of this cylinder, even though better timed cylinders have been offered for him to use.

Don't come in here and piss in my wheaties.
So, we're all going to sit back and watch me use all of my resources, and what little God given talent I've been handed and am able to find, as I make this 660 a 36" treeslaying machine !!!

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm pretty convinced that is not the original coil. The heat shield on the plug wire would still look brand new if it were.
The bearings you removed look like they were cooked with a torch. How can they look that bad on a saw that new? I'm gonna say he swapped those out too.

I wonder where the brand new oem 1122 is that's got everyone's new parts?

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm pretty convinced that is not the original coil. The heat shield on the plug wire would still look brand new if it were.
The bearings you removed look like they were cooked with a torch. How can they look that bad on a saw that new? I'm gonna say he swapped those out too.

I wonder where the brand new oem 1122 is that's got everyone's new parts?

Coil: agree 100%

Bearings: I cooked them getting them out of the case, knowing they were being replaced, I'd rather keep the bearing pockets tight and heated up the case halves real good, bearings just fell out. One bearing had some rough spots, some dudes have seen the video, the other bearing wasn't bad.