Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's just sad to me. The guy is capable of doing bad ass saws. Whether it's dope, or just a complete lack of integrity, he has wasted a real opportunity here.

Maybe so, I will say for myself it makes me a lot more conscious of what I'm doing now more so than before. My guess is, we will all be working with some kind of a JMS cloud hanging over us, well into the future. Look at all the things laid to rest as just bad examples of what not to do. So some good come of it, damn little though.

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm laughing so hard reading this it hurts. This post made my night! ROFLMAO

BTW you and Heath aren't the only ones with the luck. If I order something that requires assembly from parts, I get the one missing parts or if it comes with a left and right I get two rights. Story of my life! Sometimes a little ingenuity works though and I can fix it or modify one right to function as a left etc.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I get a good one in here and there.

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just the builder I need. Reasonable fast and efficient. No need to disassemble a saw if it's not necessary.
Can I send you a Sachs Dolmar 166. I need it to be the baddest of asses out there. I got time too. Think
I might be able to get it by Christmas 2020. When you use the sharpie on the cylinder can you make sure
it's a fat one. I want compression.

If you're sending a 166, I'm sure that would get lost in the mail some how and you would never see it again.

I woulda felt like a total idiot if i sold it like this..but then again i woulda totally made it right with someone , i don't know what to say.

I sold a ported 262 to a buddy of mine. I assembled it and did a vacuum and pressure check on it and all was good. He ran through a half dozen tanks or so and scored the piston. I vacuumed and pressure checked it again and sure enough a seal went bad and scored the piston. So now we are splitting the bill to get it fixed right, even though it comes down to *s-word happens. Friendships are more important than money to me.

So good on you and @hseII for taking down your for sale threads when *s-word started hitting the fan. I was going to post my JMS saw for sale also until I started reading all of this.

Last edited:

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1. I ordered a replacement Clutch Cover for my Echo 1201 that was damaged in shipping during the 5 month boat ride.

When the $80something part arrived, it was a plastic piece that goes on the inside of Said Clutch Cover.

2. I bought a red light 066 from a now runnoft member on AS, only to use it 6 hours, & the coil go bad.

There went $300 for a new cool & Flywheel.

4. I had another member build me a Saw & we agreed on good parts, & then I had to buy every new rubber piece on it because that 1128 sucked air harder than a 22 yr old intern in a blue dress after it got hot.

5. eBay charged me $283 for selling one of my saws.

6. UPS charged me $123 to ship my 1st 880 with a 41" bar.

7. I paid another runnoft member $ to go thru a 268 that when I received, it had 2 Muffler gaskets, a clapped out carb, & was sucking air harder than that same intern.

8. Then I purchased another 880 after having a real friend check it out, & the cylinder on that 880, as well as the Oiler were trashed upon tear down.

It really was in working order when said friend checked it out; I know without a shadow of a doubt he did his due diligence to be sure it was solid: Chit happens.

The seller, however, is full of *s-word. He committed to helping fund the repairs, & has since disappeared like Hoffa.

I could do This all night.

We really do need to change our departments Mang.

cdccd60fa656f6a1a1fcdf44a2138dad.png
If I could have pulled the jug I could have found the missing plating. It did fire right off and run and oiled a little or had enough leftover. Just didn't have anything to really test it out in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Is the jug still down at moobs place?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I could have pulled the jug I could have found the missing plating. It did fire right off and run and oiled a little or had enough leftover. Just didn't have anything to really test it out in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Is the jug still down at moobs place?

Dude.

You did your due diligence.

You went beyond what was expected & did everything you could.

To this day I appreciate what you did.

The seller is whom I feel didn't do right.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dude.

You did your due diligence.

You went beyond what was expected & did everything you could.

To this day I appreciate what you did.

The seller is whom I feel didn't do right.
I know. Wish I could have run it to see the oil dry up. Maybe we could have got it $100 cheaper. Cylinder you never know without pulling and it seems they plate the 88 jugs in China with the 359 husky jugs. They just don't hold up.

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or a Monday morning after 4 too many Sunday Steins.
Its possible I suppose one could get overlooked, AKA Friday Monday, too many Steins hoisted on Sunday, Hung over what evah,,,,

JMHO The 660/661's are not cheap as you know, I know for a fact before the days of Mtronic they g0t 1/2 tank of moto mix fuel, & are run (warmed up), carbs base lined then limiters installed,,,,, drained and (fuel saved for the next one) run drythen prepped for shipping

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its possible I suppose one could get overlooked, AKA Friday Monday, too many Steins hoisted on Sunday, Hung over what evah,,,,

JMHO The 660/661's are not cheap as you know, I know for a fact before the days of Mtronic they g0t 1/2 tank of moto mix fuel, & are run (warmed up), carbs base lined then limiters installed,,,,, drained and (fuel saved for the next one) run drythen prepped for shipping

If there is an "X" with a circle on the serial number plate.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking.....how did he pull that seal? Looks like the rubber is untouched.
Proof it ain't Ryan's.

Only way that seal came out is if there wasn't a crank shaft through it. You can see the mark on the lower metal rim where it was tapped or pryed out.

Good pickup Moobs.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know. Wish I could have run it to see the oil dry up. Maybe we could have got it $100 cheaper. Cylinder you never know without pulling and it seems they plate the 88 jugs in China with the 359 husky jugs. They just don't hold up.

That saw was really something. I put the clutch washer in wrong. Saw Doc Tim had to fix that after I was done with it.

Like Heath said...even when we try to do our best, things will go wrong. The trick is to try.....and we do.

I am looking forward to it also. Heat and humidity doesn't like me anymore. And I don't like him either.

Yesterday whipped my old ass. Started raking hay as soon as the dew was off. Rolled 43 rolls of hay with an old New Idea baler. Only 3 of those bales came out without being pulled on.

Today I'm tired......

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd have snatched a picture of the SIQ (Seal In Question) already, but I've been working 16-20 hour days lately.
Worst case scenario: I'll have eyes on it this weekend.

@sawmikaze
Ryan,
1. Was it flywheel or clutch side ?
2. Will you use this saw for cutting stumps at all, if so, do you cut them real low, or do you leave breathing room ?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew id find the picture..here it is.

View attachment 84421

I'd have snatched a picture of the SIQ (Seal In Question) already, but I've been working 16-20 hour days lately.
Worst case scenario: I'll have eyes on it this weekend.

@sawmikaze
Ryan,
1. Was it flywheel or clutch side ?
2. Will you use this saw for cutting stumps at all, if so, do you cut them real low, or do you leave breathing room ?
looks like flywheel side seal to me

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's just sad to me. The guy is capable of doing bad ass saws. Whether it's dope, or just a complete lack of integrity, he has wasted a real opportunity here.
110% correct summary of the entire situation, I agree. There is some kind of issue the guy has.

Last edited: