Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Care to elaborate??? I used it on several saws inlcuding 044#1 (used dirko on the clamshell). 044#1 usually runs just great, but when it gets hot sometimes the idle pics up. I was thinking it must be the clutch side seal (which I replaced), but now you are making me wonder if it could be the base gasket.

Any thoughts or educated guesses???

I mean it has to be carefully used. Clean. Clean. Clean. Oil free. Degreased. Then well cured. If not, you will end up with an air leak.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As you may remember, I put the cylinder down a 2nd time, and was very careful, sanded, brake cleaner ... so maybe the seal is the culprit. I also did the 440 and the Dr Al 460, and they are both just fine.

Do you use Brian's O ring trick on them?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He puts a small O ring on the shaft on the clutch side under the seal. I think he said some of the early ones came that way. I believe there is a little grove in the shaft.

I guess you don't do it!

Hate to do seals again, but ...

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
518 is odd sometimes. I have a tube and rarely use it. It's the standard for many machine fit auto parts and I use it often for them. Saws I have seen it not set up very well on more than one occasion.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It,s about time to order more sealer and I can't make my mind up which to order I am a fan of yamabond but their is so much waste. What you guy,s useing ?

Mike, ...this is gonna sound dumb but I use a dab of Vaseline over the tip after use and then just toss the first inch er so out before the next use. No more waste. I've always used the yamabond and thought it was a waste too because the tube seals in itself.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike, ...this is gonna sound dumb but I use a dab of Vaseline over the tip after use and then just toss the first inch er so out before the next use. No more waste. I've always used the yamabond and thought it was a waste too because the tube seals in itself.
Motoseal never gets hard in the tube. No waste whatsoever

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use these...
64425edd6bfedd2f84566a7fa187ffdd.jpg

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never used the Vaseline Angelo but thanks I will try it

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It,s about time to order more sealer and I can't make my mind up which to order I am a fan of yamabond but their is so much waste. What you guy,s useing ?

Motoseal is my first choice in small engines. But threebond 1194 on crankcases like sleds ans skis works best for me
Motpseal inhave used when i couldnt find the threebond and 6 years later still going strong. I vote motoseal its cheap and easy to get.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He puts a small O ring on the shaft on the clutch side under the seal. I think he said some of the early ones came that way. I believe there is a little grove in the shaft.

I guess you don't do it!

I thought we were talking about base gasket sealers. lol

On that o-ring, be careful which one you use there. One size too large in diameter, and it will split that bushing. I use a dab of sealer instead. The factory hasn't used a o-ring there since the early 044.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As long as it is resistant to both gas and oil, it's hard to go too terribly wrong with any of the stuff that's out there, a lot of great products around today. Some are just easier in different applications is all. Some hard set, semi set, tack set or don't set at all. Task at hand kinda thing.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score

I guess you don't do it!

If i remember good the husqvarnas 372 have this o-ring from the factory but if you speak generally for all saws i want to see a photo of this method

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
ok i have use the most of them from the most expensives to the no names with good results with all of them
the problem is to leave them dry as long as they need then all of them do theirs jobs