High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Would it be inappropriate to ask for some port timing numbers??

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I ask because so many here port saws for a living and I don't wish to step on any toes.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've asked, I've ported to MM's #'s....and still don't get the same results! :( So, no worries about asking. I used to worry about asking as well. I don't worry anymore. If you are on the board, you are very likely to be willing to share, rather than keep secrets.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most guys here share numbers without fear of competition. I'm sure there are some trade secrets they still keep.

If you buy a Steinway and I send you a sheet of Beetoven's concerto, will you be able to play it like he did?

That's why many share. The numbers are a small part of the magic.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
3:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may have to steal that saying! :)

I have a ton of them I'll share. Just send a pm. Some you might say I'm crazy but they work.
What sayings? Why don't you just say them now? I like this one:

Newb: Which is more important, timing, lift or duration?

Brush Ape: Ask a bird upon which wing it would choose to fly.....

The numbers are a small part of the magic.

MagicGoogle8Ball.jpg

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well my brother and I got our degree wheel and some longer burrs and are looking to start experimenting.

I have said before that we are not getting into this because we think we can do better than the accomplished members here, or because we don't want to pay for their services. We are beginning to learn this stuff because we really enjoy it.

So having said that and now that we can degree an engine, I was just looking for some suggestions for my 372 XPW (75cc not the newer 71cc). I was well pleased with the results of the muffler mod, base gasket delete, lower transfer matching to case, cylinder skirt trimmed, and grinding out the bumps in the exhaust side transfers. I am looking for some ideas as to what the "next step" should be. I haven't altered anything as far as timing on the exhaust, intake, or transfers yet other than the small change with the base gasket delete....

All advice given is welcome and appreciated. And I completely understand if some would rather keep some trade secrets to themselves, after all, this is how alot of guys here make a living.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the lowers are over attacked by folks starting out. They are not the bottleneck one would think but they are the easiest to work on. On a 372 you can do well pulling the gasket. Open up the muffler. When you yank the gasket you gain 2 degrees of open. 4 degrees of duration on the intake. Opening the muffler gives more blowdown so you can get away with a little less ex duration. You need to raise the transfers a little that's the only you need to change. The lowers just blend and knock the boogers off