High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Worth a punt for £24 posted as a hack project?

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Look at this on eBay..

I know it's a mountfield / stiga.

Just thought it was a bargain!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262997078556
Our lawn mower has a Honda Engine :) which is obviously brilliant, faultless etc. etc. But the manufacturer, and therefore the whole rest of it, is "Mountfield", and can honestly tell you that it is complete and utter f**king sh!te!!!

:risas3:

We've had it for 4 years, and it's difficult to list all the bodges we've had to do to keep the c**t running. Only last week my eldest managed to snap the throttle control lever. Even to start it we have to ram a screwdriver into the choke mechanism, because that was the first thing to give way :2guns:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our lawn mower has a Honda Engine :) which is obviously brilliant, faultless etc. etc. But the manufacturer, and therefore the whole rest of it, is "Mountfield", and can honestly tell you that it is complete and utter f**king sh!te!!!

We've had it for 4 years, and it's difficult to list all the bodges we've had to do to keep the c**t running. Only last week my eldest managed to snap the throttle control lever. Even to start it we have to ram a screwdriver into the choke mechanism, because that was the first thing to give way :2guns:
love your review.. lol. Just thought it looked identical to a Alpina/Stiga but re-branded. They are Italian and are sh*t but not piles of Sh*t

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If it's not a sports car, don't go there....and if it is a sports car you can go there, but just make sure you are rich enough to afford the repair bills!!!

:jaja-no:
Worth taking a look at the makers of the OEM cylinders for most chainsaws .... Italian ......

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worth taking a look at the makers of the OEM cylinders for most chainsaws .... Italian ......
Gilardoni, meteor, tecomec.. I am sure the list goes on. But are they as good with the quality control of a whole assembly (machine) compared to the likes of the Germans and Swedish? hmmm....

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It was in jest that I mentioned Italian stuff.....I love pizza, pasta, tiramisu, latin women obviously...:beautiful:....yummy....

But for OEM jugs don't Stihl out source to Mahle, anyways, and they are German founded :)

Last edited:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was in jest that I mentioned Italian stuff.....I love pizza, pasta, tiramisu, latin women obviously...:beautiful:....yummy....

But for OEM jugs don't Stihl out source to Mahle, anyways, and they are German founded :)

Mahle, Kolbenschmidt, think both Husky and Stihl use them.