High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Work boots

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
5:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone likes and wears.

I buy made in the USA when I can, but that is becoming difficult due to:

1) Cost. Yes, you do get what you pay for, but I cannot justify a pair of White's.
2) Style. Often times, what I like is not offered or available as "made in USA" from a brand.
3) Misleading information. If you can find and read the fine print, many "made in USA" boots use all imported components, which are made overseas.

Anyhow, I recently bought these Danner Moc Toe 6" steelies. They are made in Portland, OR with imported materials. The fit and finish is nice. They are comfortable after long hours on hard surfaces. They run true to size, and fit my average width foot with high in step very nicely.

I think they were $175. I would buy another pair.

20160719_100456-1-1.jpg

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thorogood is my last pair. I've been buying the US made red wings. I have a pair of Hoffman I paid about $260 for. These thorogood were around $170 and the red wings $150. I only wear steel toe when it's required since it's a pain to go through metal detectors all the time.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those look pretty nice for steel toe boots.

I have many friends who like their Danners. Living about 25 miles from Red Wing MN, though, if I were buying new boots, I'd probably have to buy theirs.

You sure are right about the price. I wanted a set of steel toes a couple years ago. For a regular 8" logger made in the USA, red wing was over $350. I figured for that price I'd might as well buy a pair of whites. Then I changed my mind about spending half a grand on boots and bought some Viking black tusk chainsaw boots for under $200. I wear them occasionally, but to be honest they're too darned heavy. I'll probably post them for sale.

This summer I stopped in at Madsen's on a visit to Washington. They've sure got a nice selection. Mostly out of my price range, but, there on the clearance rack were not one but two pairs of Red Wing 4473s with zipper kits. They are a half size different, but both fit me. I bought both pairs. $50 each. I'm very happy with them. They aren't as stylin' as your Danners, but they're made in the USA and get real good reviews. I guess a new set runs about $200. Hopefully i won't need new boots for several years. When I do, though, I'll get brown ones. They just look nicer to me.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Redwing insulated for winter. I bought a low upper pair of Doc Martin steel toe for summer this past season. These are by far the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever worn.IMG_1308.JPG

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear various mfg's boots...Red Wing, Thorogood, Georgia Boot, Carhart, Timberlake, etc. As part of working DoD flightline aircraft production, we mechanics get a pair of steel toes every year compliments of Uncle Sam. The govt allowance is around $130 per aircraft mechanic, anything over that the individual pays the difference. Here's a pic of some of my 'inventory' lol...and still a few more pairs in the master bedroom closet. Ive yet to even wear nor remove the tags from the top four pairs of steel toe boots.
image.jpeg

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
5:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
One thing I can't stand in a pair of boots is the puffy padded cuff around my ankle/calf.

Those look pretty nice for steel toe boots.

I have many friends who like their Danners. Living about 25 miles from Red Wing MN, though, if I were buying new boots, I'd probably have to buy theirs.

Thanks, they do look somewhat stylish for a pair of steel toed work boots.

My buddy owns and operates the local Redwing store. I tried on a bunch of their boots. We went through all the models in regard to my list in the first post. Couldn't find a boot that fit my criteria, that's why I went with the Danners.

These are by far the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever worn.View attachment 35815

Are they made in England? Seems those are the only decent Docs anymore.

I wear various mfg's boots...Red Wing, Thorogood, Georgia Boot, Carhart, Timberlake, etc.
View attachment 35816

That top left pair of Thorogood boots looks nice.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For an American Union Made logger boot, it is hard to go wrong with a pair of Carolina's, really good, tough and affordable boot. Have a pair of Redwing loggers that are American made, and a good boot, but had to special order them at the store as everything Redwing in there was made in China. Was disappointed when I purchased a pair of insulated Chippewa loggers online to find out they were Chinese made, only regular boots from Chippewa are USA made as they like to tout, they are warm but have a bad arch to them. Wish it were like the good old days when I thought nothing of buying a pair of White's. Luckily I have some carcasses left. Which reminds me, I need to send a pair of White's off to be rebuilt one of these days.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Iv stuck with "Buckler" safety boots with a steel toe cap and a stainless steel insole since i got my first pair 10 yrs ago. Finding the width in a toecap boot plus no brake in out of the box is good for me. I like a pull on boot... there soft leather with a proper stitched sole . There are not inexpensive but last me about 2 1/2 ..3 yrs...good in comparison to other boots iv had . There made in Scotland .

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 18.08.40.png

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear various mfg's boots...Red Wing, Thorogood, Georgia Boot, Carhart, Timberlake, etc. As part of working DoD flightline aircraft production, we mechanics get a pair of steel toes every year compliments of Uncle Sam. The govt allowance is around $130 per aircraft mechanic, anything over that the individual pays the difference. Here's a pic of some of my 'inventory' lol...and still a few more pairs in the master bedroom closet. Ive yet to even wear nor remove the tags from the top four pairs of steel toe boots.
View attachment 35816
Looks like me wifies closet [emoji41]

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No brainer -
logo.png

wolverine-10083-p_01.jpg

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As part of working DoD flightline aircraft production, we mechanics get a pair of steel toes every year compliments of Uncle Sam. The govt allowance is around $130 per aircraft mechanic, anything over that the individual pays the difference.
A previous employer of mine had the same deal but it was $80. When we started running rolls of paper, everyone in production had to wear steel toes. I tried all different brands and the Redwings were thee most uncomfortable of them all. Finally settled on Wolverines and never looked back.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 35816
I think some of the pairs of never worn steel toe boots, tags still attached I have, might be some stocking stuffers this year. All the pairs are 11 1/2 D, some 11 1/2 E wide, some are 12 D, 12 E wide...different folks spec boots out different. If anyone has a foot like that, PM me...I can probably fill the ol' stocking this year at a helluva price...If my family don't beat me out of them....Some have, some don't, my foot size. I may cough up a pair or three in some raffles. Might do somebody some justice for a Cheistmas deal this year, and the shipping ride you'll hafta cover nonetheless, you getta helluva pair of boots for the shipping only. Little food for thought...

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The last pair of wolverines I had I wore one 5 week job and they were stretched and so uncomfortable I threw them away. These thorogood are the only ones I've had in years besides red wings that didn't suck.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also have a pair of belleville can't seem to wear them out.They make boots for are Military.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear Muck boots steel toe..... I fix water leaks all day.... At lunch time I slip them off at put on a pair of tennis shoes.
My work gives us 250 bucks for boots every year and I've tried them all.
The Muck boots can take the Constant standing in water and mud.

If I'm not fixing leaks then I'm standing on hot asphalt... So anything with a flat sole.

Then there's the farm.... Muck boots all winter, Merrills tennis shoes or redwing boots.
I've actually been working wearing a pair of Walmart crocs! Lol,

It sucks when you forget and fire up the gas axe......

image.jpeg

image.jpeg