Woods port... Whos the best!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One comment I will throw out for the OP is to firm up what you are looking for your saw to do. Wanting a do all bad mama jamma can be hard to get past but tou have to temper your expectations.

How reliable and easy to use do you want your saw to be? The closer to the edge of raped ape the harder they are to use. How good are you at tuning, how well do you take care of your machines?

Also please remember this oldie but goodie. "You can have it good / cheap or you can have it fast. You can't ever get it good/ cheap and fast".

You rely on your saws for your income, you may be best searching the classifieds here for something already done if you want it fast.

I do know @tree monkey had an MS362 that looked real nice, I don't know if he built it or sold it bu maybe something like that would be a way to get you started.

Once you are hooked one ported saw won't be enough, why not make your first a size you don't already have?

If you have specific questions about builders ask them directly, also PM other members that have saws from that builder. Ask for references, there is lots of great help around if you ask.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Watch a lot of videos ask other customers ask the porter questions don't just jump to the first guy messaging you to do the job I have a small collection of ported saws maybe more than most here but if the guy is messaging you for the work then either he begging for the money or he's not worth a damn

Like I said earlier every builder on this site I'd recommend everyone of them

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Watch a lot of videos ask other customers ask the porter questions don't just jump to the first guy messaging you to do the job I have a small collection of ported saws maybe more than most here but if the guy is messaging you for the work then either he begging for the money or he's not worth a damn

Like I said earlier every builder on this site I'd recommend everyone of them
+1