Wood Splitter Hydraulic Questions

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
6:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I tried adjusting the reverse detent screw under the acorn nut last night and I could not find a happy spot. Then the screw shot up into the atmosphere somewhere lol. It would either bind the lever forward and reverse or keep popping out. I do notice when the oil is cold it stays in reverse without popping out more often. I think the best money spent right now is to buy another valve that will work properly and allow me to adjust the relief pressure so it wont stall the motor. This wood splitter is faster than our tractor supply splitter by quite a bit. The auto return is really only slowing me up when I grab a new piece of wood. Splitting the round multiple times I just keep my hand on the lever anyway.

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
88e41eb9c5c89c4190436f84ab0656ee.jpg
052fa347d6e6364651fe82522e334e07.jpg
db3a894420f4a4ccf586627f2d6e76c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty interesting setup you have there how does it up down the road?

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your gonna get a new valve. Look at getting an auto cycle valve.

http://m.splitez.com/hydraulic_valves.html

This guy showed and explains it. Basically it acts like a auto return detent, but in both directions.

Get a log cradle, out feed table and a hydraulically adjustable 4way and you’ll double your output.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a pretty interesting setup you have there how does it up down the road?

I don't tow it that much, but when I have it does well because its so low to the ground. 90% of what I split is in my yard and we pile it and stack some of it then load it back up to deliver it. I think I have my father convinced to pile most of it up. We handle the wood way too much. Thats a whole seperate story lol

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This guy showed and explains it. Basically it acts like a auto return detent, but in both directions.

Get a log cradle, out feed table and a hydraulically adjustable 4way and you’ll double your output.

I completely agree that all those add ons would make this splitter better. I have the ability to get steel and weld on the table to the front. If I were to buy another hydraulic splitter an adjustable 4 way would be a must. To do that to this one I would scrap all the components and start over which my buddy and I are contemplating. We have had safety meetings over this very topic lol. He just happened to order all of his components from split EZ as well. I just have to decide If I am going to redo this one from the ground up the "right" way this winter or get it functional enough and have it along side a super split.