“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
11:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not a "wood shed" but it is a shed made from wood..lolimage.jpg
For now I keep my firewood under the back deck and stacked along my fence.image.jpg
I eventually want to build a wood shed but where I want to build it is right where the wife has her vegetable garden.

Brian Simonseth

CANCER AND STROKES SUCKS
Local time
8:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Back of the wood shed

DSC_9969.jpg

Looking inside it

DSC_9968.jpg

Bob95065

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's mine:

IMG_4636_zpsfgn2s8oy.jpg

It will hold 9 cords or a little over two year's worth of firewood. This picture was taken right after I finished it. We have another stack under a tarp to the right of the shed that we are burning this winter. There's never enough firewood.

Last edited:

Bob95065

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From memory 24x12 but I would have to measure it to be sure.

I went to the local lumber yard and found all the lumber I used in their "downfall" section. They sold it to me for salvage value and I don't know why. There was nothing wrong with that lumber.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
10:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's mine:

IMG_4636_zpsfgn2s8oy.jpg

It will hold 9 cords or a little over two year's worth of firewood. This picture was taken right after I finished it. We have another stack under a tarp to the right of the shed that we are burning this winter. There's never enough firewood.
Just being able to keep the rain and snow off a wood stash makes a huge difference in the quality and type of firewood you can squirrel away.
What part of the country you from?

I'm a wood shed fan..

Bob95065

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in Felton, California. We don't get snow here but we do get plenty of rain. About a month ago we got 7" in one day. It don't rain at all from the late spring until late fall. We get all our rain in the winter.

I designed the woodshed so I could hang canvas tarps all the way around it. The idea was to roll them up for the dry months then let them down in the fall. Our house was neglected and abused before we bought it so the funds for the tarps went other places. I haven't had a problem keeping the house warm with the woodshed the way it is.