High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Wood Ministry work day

John Lawler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok everyone, those of you traveling here tomorrow to help the ministry with the wood PLEASE drive safely. My wife and I will be praying for safe travels for all of you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your willingness to give up your Saturday to help. God Bless you guys.

John Lawler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
First let me express my heartfelt gratitude for all of you who showed up for our work day for the Wood Ministry. Seriously guys where else can you make a post like this and complete strangers show up on the most beautiful day of the year so far and give up their day off on a Saturday to cut firewood for someone they never met??? This was incredible to me and I am humbled by the generosity and work you all have to help this Wood Ministry. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Today in about 5 hours time these guys cut up approx. 4 triaxles of wood. We were able to split and stack over 6 cords, there is about 3 more cord split but not stacked and at least probably 15 cords of rounds that need split.
hope everyone had a fun safe day and you got the job done. sorry i couldn't make it.

Well, the consensus was they want to come again so probably end of August or in Sept I'm going to set up another one.

Attachments

• Resized_20180414_123848_7963.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_123848_7963.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Resized_20180414_101616_4475.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_101616_4475.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Resized_20180414_111923_938.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_111923_938.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Resized_20180414_123943_1750.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_123943_1750.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Resized_20180414_103001_5962.jpeg
    Resized_20180414_103001_5962.jpeg
    295.4 KB · Views: 46

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First let me express my heartfelt gratitude for all of you who showed up for our work day for the Wood Ministry. Seriously guys where else can you make a post like this and complete strangers show up on the most beautiful day of the year so far and give up their day off on a Saturday to cut firewood for someone they never met??? This was incredible to me and I am humbled by the generosity and work you all have to help this Wood Ministry. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Today in about 5 hours time these guys cut up approx. 4 triaxles of wood. We were able to split and stack over 6 cords, there is about 3 more cord split but not stacked and at least probably 15 cords of rounds that need split.

Well, the consensus was they want to come again so probably end of August or in Sept I'm going to set up another one.

Looks like a nice pile of wood.

I spy an echo hiding in the back of the saw pic lol

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to see some echo showing up lol.

Seem to run ok for ya?
After he got it retuned it ran great. Turns a few more RPM then the one Del did for me in Tennessee but doesn't seem like the comp is as high. And that muffler mod I ran a 288 pipe saw and I think it maid less noise then your 590.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After he got it retuned it ran great. Turns a few more RPM then the one Del did for me in Tennessee but doesn't seem like the comp is as high. And that muffler mod I ran a 288 pipe saw and I think it maid less noise then your 590.
Loud pipes save lives.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh that one is a bit loud lol. Glad ya got a chance to run it.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That is awesome. We have done many of these in the past. My experience the bottle neck is usually at the splitters; we normally did not stack. Never enough splitters and splitter operators. Always more than enough saw operators. Getting the wood to the splitters can be an issue also; but with your set up, you have the splitters within spitting distance of the wood...very efficient. You just need about 6 kinetics with 3-4 man teams,,,lol.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is awesome. We have done many of these in the past. My experience the bottle neck is usually at the splitters; we normally did not stack. Never enough splitters and splitter operators. Always more than enough saw operators. Getting the wood to the splitters can be an issue also; but with your set up, you have the splitters within spitting distance of the wood...very efficient. You just need about 6 kinetics with 3-4 man teams,,,lol.
If I ever have to buy another splitter it will be kinetic. The one lead farmer brought flat out impressed me.

John Lawler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I had a kinetic splitter, but I still found myself handling the wood more than necessary. We do roughly between 70 and 100 cord a year. My wife and I do 90% of all the work so I needed something even more efficient. I ended up purchasing an Eastonmade 12-22. Now you talk about an impressive splitter. With my 12-22 and lead farmers kinetic going we split a TON of wood.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a kinetic splitter, but I still found myself handling the wood more than necessary. We do roughly between 70 and 100 cord a year. My wife and I do 90% of all the work so I needed something even more efficient. I ended up purchasing an Eastonmade 12-22. Now you talk about an impressive splitter. With my 12-22 and lead farmers kinetic going we split a TON of wood.

I bet you did.

Based on the size of wood you were cutting, a kinetic or hydro with 4-way would be just about even. The secret is keeping them fed, which is why you need 3-4 man teams. I worked a kinetic at an event. We had a team of 5 to keep one kinetic busy, and it took all of us. 2 bringing rounds to the splitter, 1 placing rounds on splitter and moving splits on table, 1 throwing splits and moving the big splits on table also, 1 on the trigger. It is crazy what you can produce with one of those machines and a good team.