Return it or keep it.

• Total voters

jduv10007

OPE Member
Local time
10:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i replaced my muffler on my 038 magnum ii. The original one on it was a dual port. I purchased a dual port replacement but received a single right port muffler. Will this work??? Or do I have to return and keep searching. I hear mufflers are hard to find. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks all.

If you don’t want to reply please at least vote. Thanks again.

jduv10007

OPE Member
Local time
10:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you have the tools/ability adding a second port isn't difficult.
Explain please. What tools are required. Drilling a hole and adding a screen? What’s really too it. Seems like an open port. I have the mechanical ability.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Explain please. What tools are required. Drilling a hole and adding a screen? What’s really too it. Seems like an open port. I have the mechanical ability.
There's a couple great threads here on the subject. "Show off your muffler mods" is one and "The red97 deflector thread" is another.
Look around you'll find something you like. It's easy to bend something up out of sheet metal or a piece of pipe or even hack something off your old muffler. Then knock a hole through and weld or bolt it on.

Cowboy3688

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
IMO.9 mos late is probly done by now and a lotta air been thru that hole butt..moddin' yer muffler looks simler to a highdollar port job and requires similar tools except the 4 1/2 isnt required...
The threads mentioned above are a great place to start. I've seen at d e bay some aftermarket 2 ports. I have only used one AM version on a 361 but cleaned him out fore stickin' her on... hope you gr8 success! Kev

Last edited:

Cowboy3688

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Could someone that speaks Cowboy translate this for me?
Sure in a short, the thread is 9 months old and muffler probly has been used a lot by now..lot of air been through it by now. No specialized tools required to clean out the base or cut cover. Used emery sheet and piece of glass to flatten a burred flange surface but could have used grinder if handy. The tools I used for cuttin and smoothin are some very common tools that had been mentioned previously with a relation to porting. Him and her is relation to change in the muffler anatomy from when I started on it to when I put it on the saw. I should also mention that the Aftermarket muffler did not have a screen in it! It came from ebay.. Pleasure meetin' you Michael, I'm Kev are you moddin' one? There is some perty fair info on here that is in depth. I talk much better in person or phone than in typin' but I'll try helpin' if I can., Kev