High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Will Husqvarna ever go big again?.... (rumors, 390/395 successor)

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be like taking all pre epa diesel off the road, that’s going to take a lot! Or 74 and older cars
They are doing that here in a round about way,
their golf playing buddies in the insurance industry won’t insure a car over ten years old, even though you can take it to the test centre and get it certified
as being road legal, passed with flying colours.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are doing that here in a round about way,
their golf playing buddies in the insurance industry won’t insure a car over ten years old, even though you can take it to the test centre and get it certified
as being road legal, passed with flying colours.
What country are you in? I am aware of the other countries have had different ways of dealing with omissions, insurance is one taxing is another, but in this country that would be a pretty big line to draw, at this point, There are a lot of classic cars and older diesel trucks that are highly prized by many people… If they tried that here they would be some pretty serious protesting! LOL
Sounds like a good time to start an insurance company that covers older cars.
In the USA there’s several classic car insurance companies Hagerty is a top branded classic car insurance company

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What country are you in? I am aware of the other countries have had different ways of dealing with omissions, insurance is one taxing is another, but in this country that would be a pretty big line to draw, at this point, There are a lot of classic cars and older diesel trucks that are highly prized by many people… If they tried that here they would be some pretty serious protesting! LOL

In the USA there’s several classic car insurance companies Hagerty is a top branded classic car insurance company
Yep, they are here too, but expensive, and only allow a small mileage for
classic / vintage outings.
It a joke, your car gets it’s all clear, it within emissions guidelines, it’s mechanically safe and fit to take on the road, yet the insurers are allowed
to refuse you cover.
It’s all so new cars can be sold, the wealthy can afford them, the rest are basically
put off the road by our governments inaction, they could clearly let the insurance
companies know that if they wish to trade in Ireland that they must provide a service to anyone qualified to drive with a good safety record in any vehicle that
holds a certification of roadworthyness.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It a joke, your car gets it’s all clear, it within emissions guidelines, it’s mechanically safe and fit to take on the road, yet the insurers are allowed
to refuse you cover.
It’s all so new cars can be sold, the wealthy can afford them, the rest are basically
put off the road by our governments inaction, they could clearly let the insurance
companies know that if they wish to trade in Ireland that they must provide a service to anyone qualified to drive with a good safety record in any vehicle that

Sounds draconian, here in Kansas you just need a crack free windshield working wipers and turn signals. And your heap of crap car is road worthy!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds draconian, here in Kansas you just need a crack free windshield working wipers and turn signals. And your heap of crap car is road worthy!
Do they actually inspect them.
Here it's very common to have cracks in windshields, all the ones I'm currently driving have chips or cracks, my little Honda hatchback has a smashed windshield, if they give me a ticket I'd fix it, if not...

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they actually inspect them.
Here it's very common to have cracks in windshields, all the ones I'm currently driving have chips or cracks, my little Honda hatchback has a smashed windshield, if they give me a ticket I'd fix it, if not...

Well the only time I've had a vehicle inspected was when it was purchased out of state and thats what they checked. Other than that it's never checked. Now if you have a crack going through line of sight they will pull you over real fast like.

Most people that have cracked windshields here probably have meth on them.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the only time I've had a vehicle inspected was when it was purchased out of state and thats what they checked. Other than that it's never checked. Now if you have a crack going through line of sight they will pull you over real fast like.

Most people that have cracked windshields here probably have meth on them.
That's what I was thinking, many states require an annual inspection, that's where we get deals on cars lol.
I got crack, I don't need meth :cunaooooo:.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

RIP off Ireland

mark davies

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
hey all im from the uk and rumour has it from my dealer that there is a new 395 coming next year so possibly a 595 that's what he keeps telling me so there is still hope stihl have just teased us hear with a new 881 and there are pics floating around of it

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been told by high ups in stihl and husqvarna that their sole purpose is to sell new saws. I battled with this when I worked at several dealers, when I needed parts for newer saws and they went available.Dave zerfoss I think was his name with husqvarna just told me to tell customers to buy a new saw if the cylinder had any damage, that was on pro saws! The guy that JD at stihl NW answers to told ME were here to sell saws!
This has been happening in Australia for 20 years if somebody burns a piston up shops won't even fix them at $600 for a top end any wonder

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This has been happening in Australia for 20 years if somebody burns a piston up shops won't even fix them at $600 for a top end any wonder
Sad, throw away mentality, and then they talk of global warming and pollution,
I guess it’s ok for the big boys, make it and make it again, just like money.

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
to refuse you cover.

The way around that is to live in the middle of nowhere and just not bother to pay tax or insurance. Also helps if you dont even have a license so they wont come looking for you in the first place.