Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello, my name is Wilhelm and this is my channel on YouTube:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVWMhHkLWR9OtcNk45r9KtA?itct=CAEQ8DsiEwikzNTlyIjWAhVXnRwKHUQDCVI=

I like bucking, noodling and splitting firewood and as such most of my videos are related to that.

I know my videos aren't anything special but I think someone of similar interests might like at least some of them.

If You like any of my videos I'd appreciate You leaving a like - but I generally don't care if You don't.
If You don't like some or all of my videos - well, I am sorry, then we just don't seem to have the same taste in entertainment.
If You feel like leaving a dislike go ahead, I again don't really care - but I'd appreciate it if You don't!

So far my videos feature:
- bucking pear
- slicing/bucking a Walnut root ball for table tops (wasn't recorded my me, I forgot to set up a camera)
- bucking firewood logs, oak, turkey oak, beech
- featured saws Dolmar PS-550, Dolmar PS-6400, Dolmar PS-7300, Dolmar PS-7310, Dolmar PS-7900, Sachs-Dolmar 108, Husqvarna 181SE
- featured chainsaw chains Dolmar 099, Dolmar 496, Oregon LGX, Oregon EXL, Carlton A2LM, TriLink, Stihl Rapid Duro3, Dolmar 091, Oregon PowerSharp, Stihl Picco Duro3, Archer, Oregon .404" round tooth
- splitting firewood rounds with an ax
- noodling oak rounds

Thank You very much for reading this thread and watching my videos!

A big "Thank You" to anyone who leaves a like and/or subscribes!

W.

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks!
Yeah that ax is really great.
I keep asking for blacksmiths in my area, but there don't seem to be any left.
I just might look up some paper ads to find a blacksmith that will take orders as I really want to get my ax copied.

A coworker of mine recently said he has a ax head for me, I'm curious to find out what he found.

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice videos and yes that axe is impressive. I get registered or whatever on YouTube and will give some likes. The chickens caught my eye in a couple of the videos. They may not be yours, however they look good health and of some type with feathers on the legs (or at least the white one).

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice videos and yes that axe is impressive. I get registered or whatever on YouTube and will give some likes. The chickens caught my eye in a couple of the videos. They may not be yours, however they look good health and of some type with feathers on the legs (or at least the white one).
Those chicken are my mom's and dad's, they are Silkie's
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silkie

They are cute, very fun to watch when they walk around during strong winds. ;)

Watched yer splittin vid, easy to see you've done that before. Nice axe.
I've been making firewood since my early teen years, so yeah I guess I know how to swing an ax.

Thank You for watching my videos guys! :)

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great videos Wilhelm I like your axe you should put some photos over on the show me your axes thread :):)
I've got some pictures up on OPE, but I'm unsure whether I upped them in the show me your axes thread.

At some point I'll actually have to look up a blacksmith that will take custom work!
I want this ax copied so I have a spare, maybe get made more than one and send some over the pond. ;)

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got some pictures up on OPE, but I'm unsure whether I upped them in the show me your axes thread.

At some point I'll actually have to look up a blacksmith that will take custom work!
I want this ax copied so I have a spare, maybe get made more than one and send some over the pond. ;)

That would be a good project in the future I've not seen any in that exact shape
there is some strength in the forging 0n the curve underneath

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be a good project in the future I've not seen any in that exact shape
there is some strength in the forging 0n the curve underneath
It is the head's shape that makes this ax such a good splitting performer, granted in combination with a 40" long handle.

Also, unlike some claim never to sharpen a maul, You want this ax to have a sharp blade!

I have a few axes of various weight, shape and handle length - this one is the best of them all.
I don't ever want to have split firewood without it!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Put me down for one. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put me down for one. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That'll be two now I'll have one

You two have dibs if I ever manage to get my ax copied! :)

I'm sure at least one more person wanted one, but I can't remember who it was.
I know it was a comment on my splitting vids and this member seemed impressed with the axe's performance.

It has been a while since I bucked and split any firewood, I sure miss it, good workout for the whole body.

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you like the longer bar you are running on the 7900 I don't remember the brand off the top of my head I know you posted it in the video. My have to give one a try.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you like the longer bar you are running on the 7900 I don't remember the brand off the top of my head I know you posted it in the video. My have to give one a try.
It's a 36" 3/8" 115DL Iggesund Forest R2 solid steel bar.
DSC02573.JPG

I don't have much time on this bar due to lack of large logs, but I like it very much.
It flexes a bit but doesn't bend, the rails seem to have a nice hardness, and since I upgraded my Dolmar PS-7900 with US style 2 spikes (the ones larger than the Klingon sword ones) she no longer tips over on the bar when sitting on the ground.
The bar is quite heavy, but if that gives me a quality product I don't mind at all.
Being painted black, the bar also looks extremely good on my PS-7900!

There are shorter bar lenghts made by Iggesund Forest.
I kept looking at 24" and 30" ones on German eBay - but now that I have the 24" Carlton SpeedTip the urge of getting a third bar length kinda passed.
DSC03575.JPG DSC03569.JPG

I think I payed about 70€ for my 36" Iggesund Forest bar.
The ads on eBay even included 1 or 3 chain loops from either Oregon or Carlton, shipping cost was painful to swallow though.

In short, I like my Iggesund Forest bar just as much as my factory original Dolmar branded Oregon bar off my Dolmar PS-6400 - built 2001., in use since 2006.
Only more time on the bar will tell how it will hold up long term.

Hint:
There is a "Iggesund Forest" thread over at AS, a couple members outed their opinions and attached pictures of their setups.
I'll look it up and forward the link to You if You'd like me to.