High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

wickedwoodsaws ported saws... Thinking on buying one

Kozak Logging

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I am considering buying a saw from wickedwoodsaws, I'm debating on either a stock cs2188 or a ported cs2172. I want a saw that has crazy power, but don't want the weight. He has a 90 day warranty on the ported saws. I'm a little skeptical on that I guess. Normally the saws have a two year warranty. For that amount of money though I would think I would get a little better than 90 days. But I understand its ported/modded. Has anybody ran one of his saws? How was your experience? I want everybody's input if possible.

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kozak, you should have no reservations with either of the above mentioned builders. Terry and Scott both have excellent reputations. Service and repair would likely be easier through Scott since he is in your area, but by no means should you take that to mean that Terry should no longer be considered. Talk to both of them and go with whomever better meets your needs.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stay close to home. You won't go wrong with a saw from Scott @TreeMonkey! And he goes above and beyond to take care of his customers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YUP! As Randy said months... maybe years ago (can't recall when- just what he said) "Scott has forgotten more about saws than most will ever know." That statement says a lot in my book. Go with Scott.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Reason I picked Randy is bc I appreciated that he shared his work on here, and he was within driving distance. 40 saws later, I have no regrets, and a great friend. Go with Scott.

Kozak Logging

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with scott. :) LOL 1 1/2 hours later... I'm kinda siding with a Stihl 461 ported. I was really leaning with the 2172, but I guess from what I read and what scott told me they have a ton of outter crank bearing issues, and by all means... I don't feel like spending a ton of money to have a failure.

lwhaples

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Keep us posted,hope to hear how you like your new saw.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got off the phone with scott. :) LOL 1 1/2 hours later... I'm kinda siding with a Stihl 461 ported. I was really leaning with the 2172, but I guess from what I read and what scott told me they have a ton of outter crank bearing issues, and by all means... I don't feel like spending a ton of money to have a failure.

Randy is 100 miles from me. Ive driven the route so much that it just feels like a few minutes now. In truth, the last 5 miles on that goat path they call a road is the longest part.:couch: