Wicked Worksaws - Wicked Work Saws - Terry Landrum - WWS

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was taking down a tree in someone's yard and got like 5-10 bites under my underwear. I've never had them anywhere near that bad even after a whole day in the woods. I didn't ever see a tick though, but I'm sure they were tick bites. By the end of the week, only once working in the woods I had like 20 bites. Last year doing tree work I might get 1 to 4 per month.

Then people talk about cold winters kill them and other pests off, which I doubt because MN I've heard has plenty of pests and they reach -40F. I've seen frozen stink bugs on 20F firewood thaw out and start moving.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worrisome for folks that like the woods. Ticks here are mostly tame so far.

It was about 12 years ago when I was finally correctly diagnosed. At that time, at least here in Tennessee, Lymes was pretty much unheard of.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was taking down a tree in someone's yard and got like 5-10 bites under my underwear. I've never had them anywhere near that bad even after a whole day in the woods. I didn't ever see a tick though, but I'm sure they were tick bites. By the end of the week, only once working in the woods I had like 20 bites. Last year doing tree work I might get 1 to 4 per month.

Then people talk about cold winters kill them and other pests off, which I doubt because MN I've heard has plenty of pests and they reach -40F. I've seen frozen stink bugs on 20F firewood thaw out and start moving.

You sure they weren't chiggers?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was about 12 years ago when I was finally correctly diagnosed. At that time, at least here in Tennessee, Lymes was pretty much unheard of.
Even now when all the evidence points for a Lyme's diagnosis it's hard to get a prognosis. A fella I know was just hospitalized for a few days, has the big ring rash and high fever. Test was inconclusive, now testing for TWENTY SIX MORE strains!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The feller I spoke with called it "black box" when I asked about a phone number for the shipping label. I didn't ask any questions of him. But...I did ask my Mennonite friend. He said an Amish "black box" is a wireless device that you can only plug a landline into. It's important to them that it cannot be used for an internet connection.
Sounds like eating Oreos on a diet to me.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even now when all the evidence points for a Lyme's diagnosis it's hard to get a prognosis. A fella I know was just hospitalized for a few days, has the big ring rash and high fever. Test was inconclusive, now testing for TWENTY SIX MORE strains!
See here you have those symptoms, they just start treating you for it because sometimes the test comes back negative but you have it.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See here you have those symptoms, they just start treating you for it because sometimes the test comes back negative but you have it.

This isn't just being bitten, this is full blown Lyme's coming back. So yes he was treated right away but the first attempts did nothing which is why he was hospitalized for three days.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Because of how things were years back, I kept my mouth shut, as I would have been crucified on the cross. Terry was untrustworthy from day one. He came at me after Jeremy's 50cc saw shootout in a very odd and aggressive manner, asking how I built saws and this was just between friends and he wouldn't share information and yada yada yada. Psychopath! I asked Mike Sullivan about the guy and he told me to run for the Hills. Hindsight is always 20-20, but if I would have said something at the time, plus I hand no hard evidence, so that is that.[emoji111]

Had some odd dealings with afew other builders who are not building saw anymore, one I even considered a friend. No not Brad lol. Not to step on anyone, but a MM and some timing will give most all they need for a work saw. Well some extra compression is good too.[emoji4]

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Because of how things were years back, I kept my mouth shut, as I would have been crucified on the cross. Terry was untrustworthy from day one. He came at me after Jeremy's 50cc saw shootout in a very odd and aggressive manner, asking how I built saws and this was just between friends and he wouldn't share information and yada yada yada. Psychopath! I asked Mike Sullivan about the guy and he told me to run for the Hills. Hindsight is always 20-20, but if I would have said something at the time, plus I hand no hard evidence, so that is that.[emoji111]

Had some odd dealings with afew other builders who are not building saw anymore, one I even considered a friend. No not Brad lol. Not to step on anyone, but a MM and some timing will give most all they need for a work saw. Well some extra compression is good too.[emoji4]
And matching the edge of the piston top to the curve of the exhaust port, you know. Minimum file work at a steep angle along the flat piston side . A black marker to show what to match. 1st opening edge then has a bigger escape area along the curve. Not much removal rounded over from top onto side deeper on the sides than middle.
I may have read that somewhere

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't help but wonder how some people who have no more knowledge of two cycle engines than enthusiasm get snookered into some of the wild ideas proposed by others that are very controversial and totally off the wall .
One of those wild examples ended up in Ohio at a GTG done by a rather boastful individual in California and it didn't go so well .It proved to be just about what everybody thought it would be .Undetered that person foraged ahead until he got kicked off about three forums with his nonsense .They come and they go but are never in short supply .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't help but wonder how some people who have no more knowledge of two cycle engines than enthusiasm get snookered into some of the wild ideas proposed by others that are very controversial and totally off the wall .
One of those wild examples ended up in Ohio at a GTG done by a rather boastful individual in California and it didn't go so well .It proved to be just about what everybody thought it would be .Undetered that person foraged ahead until he got kicked off about three forums with his nonsense .They come and they go but are never in short supply .

You have got to be talking about Chevytown.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I had someone on facebook tell me an 11 pin on a 20 was nothing to write about. That he is in "the 32 to 50 inch bar Class" I told him I'd love to see a non pipe saw cut with an 11 pin and 50" bar that cuts fast.

Heck now I'm pretty stupid, but I'm pretty sure a pipe saw wouldn't even do it. Unless it's a bike motor build.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had someone on facebook tell me an 11 pin on a 20 was nothing to write about. That he is in "the 32 to 50 inch bar Class" I told him I'd love to see a non pipe saw cut with an 11 pin and 50" bar that cuts fast.

Heck now I'm pretty stupid, but I'm pretty sure a pipe saw wouldn't even do it. Unless it's a bike motor build.

Avoiding Fakebook is a good way to avoid moronic mfers.