Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, thanks for being one of the "Rocks" of our community, and leading by example.

I'm nothing special Mike. I struggle to balance family, farm, and saws. It's all a bit overwhelming sometimes. I know I could do more, but sometimes I just wanna sit on my ass and watch the grass grow.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At that time Lymes was rare in Tennessee, so it took a long time for a doctor to diagnose it. They found out that I had HepC while they are checking me out too. So for 18 months I did the interferon treatment too. I was a sick mfer.....

Damn.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wanna know what an Amish telephone looks like.
amish-pay-phone.jpg

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is so much hoopla and horse chit about modified saws it's nonsense .My saw is better than your saw type .My builder ( so called ) is better than yours .
I don't know why anybody would even put forth the effort to build custom saws especially over the internet .
In my case I know how but I'll be damned if I'll ever get involved in the childish nonsense that goes on .My only competition is myself as I have nothing to prove and I damned certain don't need the money .--rant over ---

Plus they seem very closed minded when it comes to what you can do. I found the site to be extremely mentally stagnant. I wish I had found this forum first. It's definitely a better community.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell I'm slow. Especially on used or oddball saws. I've had some saws well over a year before I finally got around to doing them. I can't fault anyone for taking a long time to get a saw done. Once I got behind, I never was able to get caught back up.....I get it.

Communication is key in any business though. You can't hide from people. If you answer the phone, and return messages, most people are ok with waiting to get a good custom job done. Hell how long is the wait to get a custom rifle built?

Stuff like this with Terry.....like taking money from a man in New Zealand, and never sending him a saw. Now that stuff hurts all of us guys that do this for a living.

Who wants to send money to another saw builder after getting long dicked by one already?

This is the reason that you Randy will be the only person who builds me a saw I know I can trust you ......
Your word is your bond ...... better than money in the bank ......

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On this subject of ported saws over the years many find their way to Ohio and I've seen and/or operated many built by others .From my perspective they all ran great with a few exceptions .Those just happened to be on line "Walter Mittys " types who liked to boast about them . I've been reluctant to judge one builder from another because I've only met some but never owned one of their products .
On a side note the mention of Wartburg Tenn rings a bell .My deceased wifes people hailed from there and Clarkesville as did Roy Padgett of Dunkirk Ind who owns Small Engine Warehouse ,one of the largest small engine sellers in the USA .Small world !

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm nothing special Mike. I struggle to balance family, farm, and saws. It's all a bit overwhelming sometimes. I know I could do more, but sometimes I just wanna sit on my ass and watch the grass grow.

Honesty, Integrity, a great skill set, and modest to boot!

Now, if we could only get you on time!!!

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can understand that shat can happen and all of a sudden things can get turned around. But not returning peoples saws or just plain ripping them off is thievery, plain and simple. I got caught up in the JMS mess, and everytime I hear his name I want to cut his balls off, an eye for an eye. But I learned from it, who to trust and who does the kind of work I like. But if anyone has some information about a builder that might be bad, if it keeps repeating itself over and over, I would hope that they bring it to everybodys attention that they possibly can. Maybe help somebody from going down that road. I dont care if he had a good reputation before that. At least it will make for a more informed decision. But, theres a sucker born every second...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wanna know what an Amish telephone looks like.

The feller I spoke with called it "black box" when I asked about a phone number for the shipping label. I didn't ask any questions of him. But...I did ask my Mennonite friend. He said an Amish "black box" is a wireless device that you can only plug a landline into. It's important to them that it cannot be used for an internet connection.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At that time Lymes was rare in Tennessee, so it took a long time for a doctor to diagnose it. They found out that I had HepC while they are checking me out too. So for 18 months I did the interferon treatment too. I was a sick mfer.....
It's so common here Randy they give out the prescription like Skittles. My Grandma just got one of the tick bugs that I can't pronounce but it's the same prescription.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's so common here Randy they give out the prescription like Skittles. My Grandma just got one of the tick bugs that I can't pronounce but it's the same prescription.
Worrisome for folks that like the woods. Ticks here are mostly tame so far.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The smaller deer ticks carry Lyme and most of the bad diseases. The larger dog ticks … not so much. (there are more types, etc, but that is a simplification).

There are about 6 diseases they know about that ticks can give you (around here), and one of them they do not have any treatment for, and it can be fatal.

Any of the diseases can be very debilitating if not treated early.

Lyme can go into remission, and there is nothing that will kill it in remission that will not also kill you.

They tell you to wear light colored clothing so you can see them, but I think that is BS. Every light colored dog I've walked (and the wife and I used to volunteer at the humane society) picks up far more tics that the darker colored dogs. White and light brown (deer colors) seem to be the worst.

On more than one occasion, after hunting, I have had to pull the car off the road and get out to remove ticks from my clothing (and flesh).

And there is nothing worse that taking a good hot, thorough shower and discovering a tick is still on your body! They can even survive the washing machine!

It helps to take a Leatherman with you to crush the darn things.