Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
11:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Problem is....with rebuilds....can be any of a thousand things. Very tricky to diagnose. Ie....could be a vac leak....kinked line...bad vent and a half hearted coil.....maybe a gummed carb too....

Who knows

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Problem is....with rebuilds....can be any of a thousand things. Very tricky to diagnose. Ie....could be a vac leak....kinked line...bad vent and a half hearted coil.....maybe a gummed carb too....

Who knows

I can concur with others that the straight line does not work. My cousin bought a non running 372 for 100 bucks, it had tygon on it and was kinked right off so it would not run at all. I replaced it with the proper line and viola, nice running 372.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
5:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can concur with others that the straight line does not work. My cousin bought a non running 372 for 100 bucks, it had tygon on it and was kinked right off so it would not run at all. I replaced it with the proper line and viola, nice running 372.
+1,
Saving bucks on fuel lines aint really a good business model, I've tryed Tygon lines on my 254/262's, some of them still has the hose but gone trow Huskies pigtail hose in all of them, the day I sell anything at least I did it correct ;) + the pigtail hose work brilliant!

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna 581756202 (replaces 503577602)

HOSE

More details

Your price: $7.26

iplimage.php

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you guys are killing me! I don't care how good the pigtail hoses are.... although I'm not convinced they are awesome.

what annoys the begebies outta me is that the pigtail hoses are not available in bulk. drives me nutso. more nuts than having to replace a piston because I was an idiot running the lines. keep harping on me if you want, but it aint gonna help. if husky offers the pigtail line in bulk where I can buy 100ft of it i'll gladly buy it. until then, the saws I build are gonna use the stihl stuff and I just need to make sure I run it proper.

oh, and speaking of business model... i'm not in business. this is a hobby. pretty sure i haven't made money selling saws...ever. partly because I'm a bonehead somestimes. ...partly because bad things happen. i have not half a clue as to how any of the saw builders on this site, or any other site make money. if I had to rely on that for income I'd go hungry for sure.

also, I'm pretty sure the vac leak is what messed me up. maybe it was the combo of that and the line. either way, i'm gonna be more careful

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you guys are killing me! I don't care how good the pigtail hoses are.... although I'm not convinced they are awesome.

what annoys the begebies outta me is that the pigtail hoses are not available in bulk. drives me nutso. more nuts than having to replace a piston because I was an idiot running the lines. keep harping on me if you want, but it aint gonna help. if husky offers the pigtail line in bulk where I can buy 100ft of it i'll gladly buy it. until then, the saws I build are gonna use the stihl stuff and I just need to make sure I run it proper.

oh, and speaking of business model... i'm not in business. this is a hobby. pretty sure i haven't made money selling saws...ever. partly because I'm a bonehead somestimes. ...partly because bad things happen. i have not half a clue as to how any of the saw builders on this site, or any other site make money. if I had to rely on that for income I'd go hungry for sure.

also, I'm pretty sure the vac leak is what messed me up. maybe it was the combo of that and the line. either way, i'm gonna be more careful

Don't let the dog pile mislead you, it was a helpful one, not hurtful. ;)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol stump!

ok ok ok... you guys are gonna make me explain this...

husky and stihl and whoever else aren't in the parts business. they are in the selling saws business. i'm sure if they could they'd just sell new saws and not sell parts at all. been to a bunch of local shops lately. asked all of them.... how many rebuilds have they done within the last year... one....zero.....not many where the answers I got. why? because EVERY FREAKIN PART for oem is priced completely out of the realm of reality as far as a rebuild goes. They know exactly how to price things so that it doesn't become cost effective to do rebuilds. .... AND IT ADDS UP. everything adds up...including a fuel line that is priced 5-10x above what might be reasonable for rubber hose. This rubs me hugely the wrong way. It just does. But vengence isn't mine....its the AM parts companies that swooped in and built (often) crappy parts cheaply enough that rebuilding a saw starts to make sense. But the big companies wanna be able to whine about it. Nope, I don't feel sorry for them. now... last year husky did something interesting with the pricing on the oem cylinders... they dropped the price by more than 50% on their cylinder kits and blew everyone away! now we're talkin! but still, $40 for pto bearings? 7$ fuel line (that could be regular hose, not the proprietary molded stuff like on the 272xp or 200t)? no.... just no. i'm not doing it.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna 581756202 (replaces 503577602)

HOSE

More details

Your price: $7.26

iplimage.php

the price of that thing is gonna break the bank:eek:

a guy really has to squeeze those penny's when he's throwing dollars away.

just sayin
aint much bucks to earn going cheap on fuel hoses and impulse hoses.
Not saying Huskies pigtail hose is perfect, in my simple theory it gives the filter more flexible movement in the fuel tank, but then I may just be a fool Scott :D

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and for the record.... Scott... please don't think I haven't heard what you said. I haven't forgotten. you words are often on my mind. because of this you don't have to keep pushing. I hear what you are saying, I really do.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if husky offers the pigtail line in bulk where I can buy 100ft of it i'll gladly buy it.
you're not the only one who wished Husky sold their pigtail hose in bulk Matt, I've asked Husky Norway for a bulk part number ;) and it doesnt exist.

last year husky did something interesting with the pricing on the oem cylinders... they dropped the price by more than 50% on their cylinder kits and blew everyone away! now we're talkin! but still, $40 for pto bearings?
and this year Husky drop the prices on OEM factory tools.
Those property bearings is something else, there are things you gotta understand when it comes to bearings Matt, them 6202 etc bearings is an industrial standard, they are produced and sold in volume, then you got special made bearings like we normally find on new type saws, they are produced by SKF/slacker by special order from Stihl/Husky, and you only find them in chainsaws far as I know, they are pricey due limit volume.

PS, Matt, none of us try to have fun with you, so dont take our posts up personally.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And so far I've seen no good reason to use proprietary bearings in any design. A pet peeve of mine for sure. When I look for saws to own....I'm gonna favor saws that use 6202 and 6203s. ...and prefer saws that use the same seal for both sides. Ie...350 262xp 394 200t.
:)

I know...I'm cooky

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like those pigtail hoses. I watched one of your videos on YouTube on a 346. You used one in there. Lol. Just a random question here. In theory would that piston you cleaned up be just fine if you put it back or do you suppose you removed too much material from it? I have my reasons for asking. I don’t sell saws ever and I may try cleaning up a piston. Long story on what happened to it. Stuck a ring from a tiny piece of the cylinder roof...... bearing was about to detonate on the crank. Let the piston travel up into roof. It just has one score on it where the aluminum got between it n the cylinder wall.
Anyway not gonna clog your thread just wanted to be subbed in here