Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
3:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey....live and learn right?

Problem is...it's so easy to blame the material and just say it's junk....harder to blame the mechanic. I think case....I'm blaming the mechanic.

Cylinder cleaned up nice. Just needs a wash now and new piston.

Attachments

• 15159541421251622117630.jpg
    15159541421251622117630.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 35

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
saw is cleaned up... gonna cut a new popup as soon as the meteor piston comes out of USPS limbo. will pressure test and double check the tank vent.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey....live and learn right?

Problem is...it's so easy to blame the material and just say it's junk....harder to blame the mechanic. I think case....I'm blaming the mechanic.

Cylinder cleaned up nice. Just needs a wash now and new piston.

Sounds like two wrongs couldn't make a right.
Is a good example of how quickly things can turn sour, even with our best efforts put forth.
Some times the difference between success and failure is checking it again even though you just did before.
If it were up to me, I put a non hardening sealer on the bushing to hedge my bets.
Good luck Matt, they say third time is a charm! :)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
funny thing is the 044 doesn't have an o ring! same idea, no o ring. just relies on the pressure from the clutch. obviously I hadn't cinched down the clutch and/or the clutch wasn't capable of tightening properly against the bushing.

I know a lotta guys would put sealer in there, I dunno. seems like ya gotta get it out one day though lol. who knows.

gotta triple check my fuel lines and vent. I've modded the tank vent to vent into the airbox, so i'm gonna triple check that ...especially after brad mentioned it

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think it was the line. I think it was the vac leak. But...I think the line was causing the stalling in the cuts. ...
Only one way to find out. Kink the line off again but run a 372 clutch. Then we'll all know

Better order another piston