Why does stuff always go wrong on a holiday when nothings open

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
9:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up some oil for the truck to change today. Drain the oil, put plug in and filter. Pour new oil in fire up the truck and here oil pissin out. WTF.
Shut off look under and leakin at filter.
Pull filter off and see the o-ring from old filter stayed on truck side. I have never had this happen but yet again stuff always goes wrong on a holiday and nothing is open.
Any how i did get kinda lucky and had some extra oil that was supposed to be goin in my grandpas truck tomorrow. So i just used 3/4 of a liter from his and will have to get more.

Well that felt better to vent lol.
Think i better not plan to do anything else today lol.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had it happen before. I look for it now. You will too. Make sure to check the old filter when you pull it to see the rubber stayed with it

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven’t had a gasket stay on, but pulled a filter out of the box at a shop I worked at. Someone had grabbed the filters that POSSIBLY fit another vehicle. When they took them back and put them in the store room the boxes got mixed up. The threads on the filter In the box grabbed just enough to let me snug it down and idle it to leak test it. Customer pulled off and hit the road (big hill leaving the shop). When he gunned it it popped that filter off and every it of oil dumped!