Why do chainsaws hate me?

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally had a good day weather wise and a day away from work. Had a tree fall next to the road night before last and another dead oak to drop for Pop's fire wood. Fresh fuel and 40:1 oil mixed up the other day. Used in my blower no issues. Fuel and oil up the 346, fired up, warmed up, loaded in the loader and went down to cut the tree up that fell. Ran great for 10 min and quit, it would start back with 1 pull and as soon as you hit the throttle it would die. Back to the house and got out the 351 and it ran okay go figure. came back up to house and droop the oak with a 2071 that I just put a new top end on (wiped out due a bad crank seal). Started up and idled great, would rev up fine but after several long cuts it would die after you let off the throttle. I have come to the conclusion that chain saws hate me. both saws pressure and vacuum tested fine and have new carbs, new NGK plugs, same gas as blower, 371, 351. I'm thinking fuel related / carburetors. I didn't bring the big boys out today but they hate me as well.
sounds like a husqvarna problem it proly was not you. just me . but i have been very wrong before.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old Stihls and old dogs, won`t find anything more faithful. My 362 is the newest saw I run, most of my herd is older 044 and 460 saws with a few more 026`s than I could ever use/run. No whinening from me that they won`t start every time and run as they should.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
2:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just happy I have plenty around. I was pushing my luck with one of the 029/039's I had built and didn't get the 044 carb on soon enough. Lightly smoked that one. And somehow I broke a chain on my driller 2159 and spun the flywheel.

Wasn't a big deal just swapped them out with other saws for the time being. But I'd be s.o.l. if I didn't have options.

We say if it eats or has any moving parts eventually it will give you trouble.

Steven