why are new huskies complete rubbish?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
ride red with 8 saws your slacking lol

Jeez...don't try to convince my wife of that!! LMAO!

Told her about my acquisition of the 394 today and she says "what do you need that big-ass thing for??" LOL! Some things the chicken just doesn't get..

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well with what I have, I think the main bases are covered pretty good...

But I have had this inexplicable desire for a sub-45cc "pro-grade" saw. The 543xp isn't doing it for me... I like the Dolmar 421.. But then awhile back I discovered the old 242xp... Dammit I want one of those!! But apparently so does everyone and his brother-in-law! LOL!

So what I'd like to pick up at some point is a 242xp, and maybe something between my 372 and 394... Hell I don't know... What do I need all of those for?? What's the story on the 385xp? I've never run one..

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
seemed ok wasnt to bad to work on either thats what i look for but i dont know where to look for the best buys for husky parts kysawman says he can find them easier than he can stihl parts so i guess it is what you are use to im not sure what the 385 is compared to so i wont make a opinion but seemed to have some zip

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score

But I have had this inexplicable desire for a sub-45cc "pro-grade" saw. The 543xp isn't doing it for me... I like the Dolmar 421.. But then awhile back I discovered the old 242xp... Dammit I want one of those!! But apparently so does everyone and his brother-in-law! LOL!

So what I'd like to pick up at some point is a 242xp, and maybe something between my 372 and 394... Hell I don't know... What do I need all of those for?? What's the story on the 385xp? I've never run one..
Both of us are doing fine. Hell with a MS241 or 550xp, 562xp and 390xp or my 9010, I wouldn't "need" another saw. However, A - I like toys, B - I like having the correct tool for the application and not use more tool than I need for simple efficiency and ease of use. To that end, the variety of tools are a blessing in that I have choices for the given situation. A few more choices might not be bad. Kind of like firearms I guess...

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Find an 025.
They can be made to really run..

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I also have a huge apetitte for 242, probleby the only Husky model I stress to get parts to, always checking ebay.
I have 1 new oem cylinder, will buy 1 new oem piston for it. Looking for a new crank and crankcase, for the ultimate build up....Have already stocked up 3 of those NLA bearings for future rebuild.
Yeah, I am a huge fan of 242

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1500 tanks of fuel through my 1st ported 562 'til she quit. Not so bad for a rubbish saw.
I got a lot of fuel through mine too..
With a saw like that, it's not how long it lasts as much as how nice it is to use all day..

No vibes and good power.