High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Who'd a thunk!

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
3:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Was thinking super xl. My buddy has one and it starts and runs like it was brand new. What is the auto part? Auto lube?

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
3:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My buddies is just an xl but it cut wood to heat his home from brand new till he passed. He had a brand new Stihl and he still prefered his old Homelite.

VK Johnson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just got my old XL500 out, got a carb rebuild kit for it, used to run great until it came time for that. Lookin' forward to getting it back into the wood...

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gots one of dose. well it's close anyway.lol

SANY0780.JPG SANY0782.JPG

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
5:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice rig! SXLA, First saw I ever bought (went halfies with my dad, 1974-75ish) Been saw sick ever since. Fumes I guess? Guess I'll have to copy cat and polish mine now....

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I have no choice but to chime in. I resurrected a blue Homelite XL-101 last week that was dead as a hammer. Fuel line was obliterated. Fuel filter was not even there. Fuel tank was full of slime. Replaced the line, added a new filter, and cleaned it all up all over. Biggest mess I've seen in years. Not sure how the spark even worked. But, it still had compression.

I decided to check for a pop before going any further. Choke pulled it four times, and it popped. Moved to half choke and it started. Let it warm up and it roared to life in 10 seconds. I was in shock. Dang thing could be a keeper, even if it tends to poop oil. Original owner has been dead for twenty years. The heir apparent said it was bought in 1957. So, it's pushing 60? Hard to believe and I guess I don't. How did I get into this crazy hobby?

I can post Pics tomorrow, but I thought best to ask permission from TJ first. No hi-jack intended or desired.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I guess I have no choice but to chime in. I resurrected a blue Homelite XL-101 last week that was dead as a hammer. Fuel line was obliterated. Fuel filter was not even there. Fuel tank was full of slime. Replaced the line, added a new filter, and cleaned it all up all over. Biggest mess I've seen in years. Not sure how the spark even worked. But, it still had compression.

I decided to check for a pop before going any further. Choke pulled it four times, and it popped. Moved to half choke and it started. Let it warm up and it roared to life in 10 seconds. I was in shock. Dang thing could be a keeper, even if it tends to poop oil. Original owner has been dead for twenty years. The heir apparent said it was bought in 1957. So, it's pushing 60? Hard to believe and I guess I don't. How did I get into this crazy hobby?

I can post Pics tomorrow, but I thought best to ask permission from TJ first. No hi-jack intended or desired.
Awesome right up! Sure! Post some if ya want to. :) And be sure to post some in the Homelite thread in the brand specific forum to!

rburg

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I first started cutting wood in the 70's, the sxl/sxl auto were the favorites among woodcutters in the area I live in.