High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Who runs rc cars or trucks

shawn022

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I got a stampede 2 wheel drive. ( acually its the wifes) its good but some parts do break easy with the wheels beeing first thing to hit stuff. Parts are cheap to fix though.

In my opinion best rc truck would be the slash. I had mine for three years snd only put a bearing on it for the drive shaft.

Is there a design or quality issue with the stampede? Or does it depend on the operater? Lol

shawn022

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would look for a savage xs flux.

I have tried to kill mine at the concrete skate park many times nothing more than some broken dog bone axles. mostly due to the motor upgrade and high dollar 3s lipo.

In stock form with a 2s lipo, short of being run over by a car I don't think it would break often...

Hpi is definetly top quality. But I'm looking for an entry level rig for my soon to be 8 yo.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a design or quality issue with the stampede? Or does it depend on the operater? Lol
No desgn flaw. Just operator error most time. Just seemed if it hit the curb or anything sonething would break. The slash the wheels are protectwd by the body from hits.

Not to sound like im hard on the rc cars but when the kids play they hot stuff.lol

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
2c3764ac567bff751abdf44d7d163b1b.jpg

506f299bde937ccf35f05d48c540ebfd.jpg

3cdab6597057d962b0977b68f061c832.jpg

Here's the Stampede without electronics, boy was wanting to sell it as a roller on Craigslist. I believe he's reinstalled everything now.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Operator. But I do have a rule of thumb when it comes to upgrade parts upgrade the truck all you want but keep some easy to replace parts stock. Something is bound to break at some time on any rig and it sucks to replace say bulk head vs a control arm if there is a hard hit or crash. Thats my 3 cents

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Keep the slash if he ever wants to race or go to a skate park way better handling truck and can bring up driver skill level with simple obstacles like cones and small ramps

Not much like that here in north central Arkansas, but i hear you. He's wanting to sell these and two more i haven't mentioned. We live on a farm, he's wanting an X Max. He's 14, so I'm kinda skeptical about spending $800 on one, but he absolutely loves the hobby and is not showing a lot of interest in guns or saws at the moment.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much like that here in north central Arkansas, but i hear you. He's wanting to sell these and two more i haven't mentioned. We live on a farm, he's wanting an X Max. He's 14, so I'm kinda skeptical about spending $800 on one, but he absolutely loves the hobby and is not showing a lot of interest in guns or saws at the moment.
He would have to do lots of chores to earn that one lol.

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well it's a good hobby and also helps with hand eye cordination and physics and geometry

Absolutely, and I encourage him. He started with Legos, then model cars and trucks, RC trucks now. I'm curious to see what may be next. Just cant spend that much money on a truck when he already has four runners, thats why hes wanting to sell them.

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Plus I need to purchase a new freestanding range nest week if I expect any baked goods for the holidays.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Absolutely, and I encourage him. He started with Legos, then model cars and trucks, RC trucks now. I'm curious to see what may be next. Just cant spend that much money on a truck when he already has four runners, thats why hes wanting to sell them.
Does he also he a Facebook? cause there is many rc groups buy sell trade. But if he wants a bigger more powerful truck it's much more cost to maintain. My wraith crawler in the vid has a brushless motor with lots of low end power so I smoked the tranny gears 80 bucks for hardend steel gears. Got that good to go then twisted our 3 driveshafts in 1 day and 2 batteries, 75 dollhairs for a set of mips but got em for 60 dollhairs on amazon. Next will be my front and rear ring n pinion gears, mo money to spend. Then I need to beef up my axle tubes and get c hubs and lock outs il have over a grand when done and bought the rig used

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No Facebook. We're familiar with this you speak with the application of LiPo's to our Velineon setups over the summer. That and my boss has a HPI Savage Flux XL he built with a Castle Creations setup. I hear about the upgrades when stuff breaks

shawn022

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I took you guys advice and went with the slash. Picked up the Courtney Force edition. Wild graphics to match my little girls personality. There was another guy at the shop that also recommended the slash. Said he's ran his hard for a couple years with no problems.

shawn022

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got it home and took it for a spin around the yard. My little one was at gymnastics practice. I was very impressed. I switched it over to the training mode and that is all she will need for awhile.