High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Who runs rc cars or trucks

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I fly helicopters. Here are the 2 that I have now, Synergy E5s and E7SE. Hope to get the new 766 but in the 800 config some time this year.

Those of you flying, did you register with the FAA? I haven't and am refusing for the time being.View attachment 13658
No I'm not registering and I think that's a drone law so government can make more money

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I fly helicopters. Here are the 2 that I have now, Synergy E5s and E7SE. Hope to get the new 766 but in the 800 config some time this year.

Those of you flying, did you register with the FAA? I haven't and am refusing for the time being.View attachment 13658
What size packs are those running

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man now I need to flip a saw and get a plane.
What I type might sound a little foreign to ya but research this...E-Flite Apprentice S 15E plane (55" wingspan) with SAFE system and As3X flight stability. Crashproof, basically bulletproof trainer that you 'choose' what levels of flight envelope 'help' you need. You can teach yourself to takeoff, fly, and land. The latter being the asskicker part of the three when it comes to fixed-wing flying with landing gear. The plane is a blast to fly and learn with. A Bind and Fly version can be had for $225, free ship. Then buy a radio (get a minimum 6-ch radio if you plan to stick with it...I'd buy an 8-ch and be done with it). I prefer Spektrum, but several radio mfg's to choose from. Most all radios now have the latest greatest DSM/DSM2/DSMX capabilities. Buy a few additional li-po batteries and a good balancing charger, and you're set. You'll have a blast with that Apprentice plane, I guarantee it.

Edit---If you live on or near a little pond, lake, you can buy a set of floats for it for about $40-50, made by E-Flite specifically for the Apprentice.

Last edited:

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What I type might sound foreign to ya but research this...E-Flite Apprentice S 15E plane (55" wingspan) with SAFE system and As3X flight stability. Crashproof, basically bulletproof trainer that you 'choose' what levels of flight envelope 'help' you need. You can teach yourself to fly and land. The latter being the asskicker part of the two when it comes to fixed-wing flying. The plane is a blast to fly and learn with. A Bind and Fly version can be had for $225, free ship. Then buy a radio (get a minimum 6-ch radio if you plan to stick with it...I'd buy an 8-ch and be done with it). I prefer Spektrum, but several radio mfg's to choose from. Most all radios now have the latest greatest DSM/DSM2/DSMX capabilities. Buy a few additional li-po batteries and a good balancing charger, and you're set. You'll have a blast with that Apprentice plane, I guarantee it.

Edit---If you live on or near a little pond, lake, you can buy a set of floats for it for about $40-50, made by E-Flite specifically for the Apprentice.
At first I hated that as3x system but it works wonders on heli and like it on the easy going flight planes. I really hated it on my yak 3d plane cause I grew up flying without gyro systems. It sure will take the twitch out of a plane for a beginner pilot

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The new electric park flyers are great. Packs are cheep a good charger and you can fly all day and have no mess to clean up. Nitro is soooo messy but I own one again and I love the small planes cause you fly anywhere on lunch break easy to transport And no set up time. The big gasser I had took 2 hrs to set up fly clean up break down.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Planes, Helis, E-Revo ............ shoot, I think I have more MEGA motors than any one guy in the whole world. I helped Dan @ MEGA motors develope and test his F5D and his "E" rotor additions

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new electric park flyers are great. Packs are cheep a good charger and you can fly all day and have no mess to clean up. Nitro is soooo messy but I own one again and I love the small planes cause you fly anywhere on lunch break easy to transport And no set up time. The big gasser I had took 2 hrs to set up fly clean up break down.
All my warbirds are electric. Nitro is just too much of a hassle, clean up, etc. Flew nitro many years ago and enjoyed it. I've got a hoard of 11.1V 3S batts of all different maH and C discharge ratings, two separate single balance chargers and a 4-batt balance charger. CofG changes a little with the heavier maH packs but I mark in the fuse where they go fwd or aft of other batts by weight. Might try to fly a little this coming wknd, haven't flown in a while.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The new lipo are just awesome. I run a way bigger motor and batt in my 3d plane than suggested and it holds it nice need a new 50 amp escape for it now

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was gettin' it...moving along nice.
I held a couple of speed records for a while .................check the rest of my videos on you tube
Lost my field that I flew in, so my speedies just hang now

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Do you have one in a smaller size. My extra 280 is not fast enough with out runner motors

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah my buddy and I built a Stryker years ago when they were brushed motor and did the big lipo and and a inrunner brushless man it sounded mean with a Lil prop. Ur sounds close to 25,000 to 30,000 rpm on level flight. Those planes are sure fun with custom rudders too

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah my buddy and I built a Stryker years ago when they were brushed motor and did the big lipo and and a inrunner brushless man it sounded mean with a Lil prop. Ur sounds close to 25,000 to 30,000 rpm on level flight. Those planes are sure fun with custom rudders too
IIRC, the second video was 33k, I'll dig up a few of the Castle logs
What size prop, how fast do you want to go, and how many cells will you be running on your motor that you want ?