Who plows snow?

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I'm sure I'm not the only one, who plows commercial/residential or for a municipality? This is my fourth winter plowing nights for the Town. We run single man in a plow now, I was a wingman for three seasons 10+ years ago. I started plowing with a back blade on an 8n when I was around 12 then graduated to a pickup and have been doing my own accounts since 17-18. This is long winded but I'm tired and bored, generally I look forward to winter but with this first storm today and more tomorrow my a$$ is dragging already.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started in 1990. Had 30 driveways. I did that up until about 10 years ago. Pita when you cant leave with your buddies for a weekend.
I am still running the same Boss v plow i bought new in 1996, though. It's on its 2nd vehicle

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I plow my driveway, 3/4 mi and those of a few neighbors. We take turns plowing driveways and team up to clear the 2 1/2 mi private road we live off of. We do it with tractors and scraper blades and four wheelers with snow blades.
When I lived in civilization, I plowed driveways with my four wheeler. Easy way to make beer money.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have plowed school parking lots in the past but now I just help out a fellow when he goes on vacation in January. He has just a few driveways and a church. I don’t miss plowing all night and then having to go to my day job after. The new neighbor has a skid loader that I can use which will be great for plowing the gravel alley way behind our houses. Rocks and a snow blower don’t mix.

bill saf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Plowed for 20 years. Any thing after 36 hrs was blood money. we had 5 side walk crews with atv's with plows, hand shovel's, salt spreader's
front end loaders, six wheeler dump's with 10'plows and salt, pickup's with 9'plows and salt and 8'plows plowed from 1978 til 1998 and bought salt by the semi load's dam good money if your set up for the work your doing. never wanted to do drive ways. parking lots only and the big the better.

Last edited: