High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

which methods produce the most speed/power ?

which is most likely, when done properly, to provide the most RPM gains in a 6 cube cant saw

• tuned pipe

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • alky fuel

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • stroked crank

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ceramic bearings

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • reed valve

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • nitrous

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • two piece head

• balanced crank

• extra weighted flywheel and stacked clutch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • overbore cylinder for larger piston before porting and have bore replated

• increased crankcase capacity, decreased oil reservoir size

• Total voters

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am wondering how much "improvement" can be garnered in a build by utilizing any or all of these in any combination.

Assume saw will be ported and have the right sprocket and chain for the type of soft cant wood being cut.
3 cut hot start.

Any links to outside resources appreciated.

thanks
Dave

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave, the last 3 are going in balls deep...are you there? A pipe properly designed will be the single largest gain. If you are going there, you’ve already done many of the others. If you are changing the crankcase volume, well, you are crossing into the realm of how fast do you want to spend unless you’re building it yourself.

At that point there better be a build thread dammit. @Redfin back me up, he’s your step dad/ uncle/ life caddy. Actually John, why aren’t you solving this problem for him. Apparently Dave is desperate for a win.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow an old thread back from the past!!
Plenty of projects on deck -
Pipes are fast but awkward as hell, maybe a belly pipe?
Gotta finish the nitrous saw and have a few alky saws in the pipeline
Stock Appearing is the most fun.
Johns 661 build is amazing, like you don’t realize how strong till you run it, probably make a bunch of guys cry in Missouri in a few months :firedevil:

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Dave, the last 3 are going in balls deep...are you there? A pipe properly designed will be the single largest gain. If you are going there, you’ve already done many of the others. If you are changing the crankcase volume, well, you are crossing into the realm of how fast do you want to spend unless you’re building it yourself.

At that point there better be a build thread dammit. @Redfin back me up, he’s your step dad/ uncle/ life caddy. Actually John, why aren’t you solving this problem for him. Apparently Dave is desperate for a win.
Yeah buddy. If you don't like it, pipe it

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think I've ever seen a hotsaw competitor successfully running nitrous. Madsen's has a display 084 that has a nitrous bottle on it but all the hotsaw guys I've talked to from Washington have said that machine has never placed in any events.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a hotsaw competitor successfully running nitrous. Madsen's has a display 084 that has a nitrous bottle on it but all the hotsaw guys I've talked to from Washington have said that machine has never placed in any events.
All the serious competitors I know Are using alcohol. It really keeps the rpm up through the entire cut. Watching a 3120 turn damn near 20k is out right fuggin scary. I'll eventually have to give that thing a run, but I'll probably wear a dozen layers of chaps when I do. Lol