High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's your other hobby?

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Is going to be getting a 454 out of a 73 chevy. None of that ls stuff for me.
I probably could dig you up a short 2x4 intake that's got great street manners with 2carters or edelbrocks. Is it an Oval port engine? While that's very cool don't be resistant to the LS variants! Lots of available juice and I've had some nice rectangular port money pit 454-496 engine's, but the computer and superior design of the LS (funny part or the annoying part is that most of the 454's I ran were LS6/LS7 production and crate engine's, s if I don't call them rectangle port 454's most of the people today think I'm talking about the modern ls's. I don't imagine your shooting for ultimate performance,but instead for a good fun street vehicle,which either engine family I capable of. The advantage that the modern one has is tunability,drivability and fuel economy and if you want to go fast its a little easier
This is a stock 6.0 with head studs and injector's and a turbo.
I don't know anything about this car,just the first one I found on YouTube, but there are a million more just like it.

Let me know if you're in need of that 2x4intake or I probably still have a factory alum. Winters (foundry that manufactured) intake. Probably still have an HEI dist or Mallory dual point dist. also and probably all kinds of junk..

Just in case you're wondering what a hairdryer sounds like in your truck, here you go. Not peer pressure

Last edited:

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My best friend (that I consider him to be my brother) has two daughters. Last year I took the youngest and this year the oldest one and won first place in the local youth squirrel hunt both years!!!5D7F6EA8-E77F-4482-908A-DF741479BCF5.jpeg

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My best friend (that I consider him to be my brother) has two daughters. Last year I took the youngest and this year the oldest one and won first place in the local youth squirrel hunt both years!!!View attachment 108673
Look at all the fly tying material!!

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My best friend (that I consider him to be my brother) has two daughters. Last year I took the youngest and this year the oldest one and won first place in the local youth squirrel hunt both years!!!View attachment 108673
Them be sum whoppers...

You sure you didn't catch a mess of cats and put them tails on em...

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a foam body mayfly dun?
View attachment 108665
Definitely not up to your standard, but works well and will not sink........ever!

Don’t sell yourself short buddy.....that looks great!!
I hate working with foam normally. Too bulky for me.

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Did you go to the old folks home to kill the fox squirrels? Never seen one with white faces like that.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I probably could dig you up a short 2x4 intake that's got great street manners with 2carters or edelbrocks. Is it an Oval port engine? While that's very cool don't be resistant to the LS variants! Lots of available juice and I've had some nice rectangular port money pit 454-496 engine's, but the computer and superior design of the LS (funny part or the annoying part is that most of the 454's I ran were LS6/LS7 production and crate engine's, s if I don't call them rectangle port 454's most of the people today think I'm talking about the modern ls's. I don't imagine your shooting for ultimate performance,but instead for a good fun street vehicle,which either engine family I capable of. The advantage that the modern one has is tunability,drivability and fuel economy and if you want to go fast its a little easier
I don't know anything about this car,just the first one I found on YouTube, but there are a million more just like it.

Let me know if you're in need of that 2x4intake or I probably still have a factory alum. Winters (foundry that manufactured) intake. Probably still have an HEI dist or Mallory dual point dist. also and probably all kinds of junk..

Just in case you're wondering what a hairdryer sounds like in your truck, here you go. Not peer pressure

Truthfully I wish I would of known more about the LS potential before I got this 454 would of been WAY better. But yes it has 781 oval port heads. Really just looking for cheap grunt.

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Some of the Garret turbos are pretty affordable now. Torque that a LS could never touch.
I am a die hard big block fan, and the small block guys all ways tried to convince me that was the way to go. Not happening!
But I have seen the light with LS's, the superior design (things like 6bolt mains and that computer adjustability) would make it hard for anything in the MarkIV family to compete with an LS, even with 4-5 times the money due to being able to take a 200,000 mi engine and put head studs, open the ring gap and put modified factory injectors a cam and big fuel pump and wring it out and commonly approach 1000 wheel horse power and 800 ft.lbs. of torque with junkyard parts! A turbo on a MarkIV would be nice but would struggle to handle the boost required to achieve those numbers.
I used to be a firm N2O believer, but the hairdryers have won me over!
Now that's my kinda hobby....

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am a die hard big block fan, and the small block guys all ways tried to convince me that was the way to go. Not happening!
But I have seen the light with LS's, the superior design (things like 6bolt mains and that computer adjustability) would make it hard for anything in the MarkIV family to compete with an LS, even with 4-5 times the money due to being able to take a 200,000 mi engine and put head studs, open the ring gap and put modified factory injectors a cam and big fuel pump and wring it out and commonly approach 1000 wheel horse power and 800 ft.lbs. of torque with junkyard parts! A turbo on a MarkIV would be nice but would struggle to handle the boost required to achieve those numbers.
I used to be a firm N2O believer, but the hairdryers have won me over!
Now that's my kinda hobby....
Plus they are dimensionally smaller than a small block so make the ideal swap engine for anything (pick a car and Google that car with an LS swap and you will most likely find it,plus lots of aftermarket support and swap kits for a lot of em,and performance aftermarket ECU's by Holley and Megasquirt and other's.
If y'all aren't already familiar with Matt Hopples YouTube channel check it out @sloppymechanics. He has a wiki(I think that's what it's called,dang internet) that will tell you what to buy to achieve that 1000hp... Matt

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Plus they are dimensionally smaller than a small block so make the ideal swap engine for anything (pick a car and Google that car with an LS swap and you will most likely find it,plus lots of aftermarket support and swap kits for a lot of em,and performance aftermarket ECU's by Holley and Megasquirt and other's.
If y'all aren't already familiar with Matt Hopples YouTube channel check it out @sloppymechanics. He has a wiki(I think that's what it's called,dang internet) that will tell you what to buy to achieve that 1000hp... Matt
You don't need all that, you can use the ECU from your donor car and have it reflashed and lot of videos on using the factory harness and steamlining it.
Ideal combo is a good 6.0 and an 80e trans and if you can afford a nice turbo so be it, but if not,an eBay turbo kit is about $600. With plumbing and intercooler. When trying for high HP numbers, if you have a problem with an LS,go to the junkyard and get another, their everywhere unlike the MarkIV, they are becoming dinosaurs like my other favorite the Ford FE...

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe some time that can happen. But a 3 seat truck in a 5 person family is silly. Unless I put seats in the bed
I got solutions, no matter what engine goes in your truck it will always be a 3 seater so try this on for size...

Can you say sleeper,

And here is the aforementioned Matt Hopple tuning a soccer mommobile...

Can you say take it out the back door...
About 8.5 HP and TQ!
I can hear him saying,"I wish I hadn't bought this Camaro!