What's your other hobby?

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice looking eats. Thats a lot of BBQ -- somebody had a major culinary blast! :banana:
That was for a family memorial party after my father passed away last year. Golf outing in the morning and about 75 family and friends at my brother's house for the picnic afterwards. Actually doing the second annual party next weekend..but my brother is in charge of the smoked meat this year. He bought one of those new fangled auto feed pellet smokers.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was for a family memorial party after my father passed away last year. Golf outing in the morning and about 75 family and friends at my brother's house for the picnic afterwards. Actually doing the second annual party next weekend..but my brother is in charge of the smoked meat this year. He bought one of those new fangled auto feed pellet smokers.

I have not entered into the pellet smoker world yet. Mostly because the billfold will not allow it.
I do like cooking for crowds though. Perhaps a few guys on here can recommend a pellet grill/smoker at a reasonable price.
I looked at a green egg (a ceramic grill) this week -- the big one is 1299.00 here -- needless to say it wont be coming home either. :cool:

Aciera

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have not entered into the pellet smoker world yet. Mostly because the billfold will not allow it.
I do like cooking for crowds though. Perhaps a few guys on here can recommend a pellet grill/smoker at a reasonable price.
I looked at a green egg (a ceramic grill) this week -- the big one is 1299.00 here -- needless to say it wont be coming home either. :cool:
And a Weber doesn’t shatter in a gazillion pieces if it falls off the deck.

JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Work seems to be my main hobby these days but other than that I like to go shooting. Been working on teaching my 13 year old daughter to shoot. She has a savage mark ll .22 bolt action. I've got a .308 rem 700 and just finished a 7mm rem mag on a savage 110 action. Bout to learn how to start hand loading my own ammo so I guess that will count as a hobby too! IMAG0315.jpg

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Work seems to be my main hobby these days but other than that I like to go shooting. Been working on teaching my 13 year old daughter to shoot. She has a savage mark ll .22 bolt action. I've got a .308 rem 700 and just finished a 7mm rem mag on a savage 110 action. Bout to learn how to start hand loading my own ammo so I guess that will count as a hobby too! View attachment 92891

Just saw where you are from. Not far from me in the Tarheel state. Nice weapon my friend!

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Been a while since I been here. But yeah 1 more addition to the rc stuff. My friend went on a rc spending splurge had to have it all kinda thing. So he ended up getting some 18th scale rc rally and short course truck and it made me think of my old associated rc18t. Well team associated still makes the rc18t and I got 1 just cause I had one around 15 years ago and it was fast with a brushless system. I did the same to my new rig with a bigger 60amp esc, 7200kv 4pole motor and it is so much smoother and controllable than the old skool 2 pole 8000kv motor and non programming esc. Well I finally got to take it to a indoor track in new Richmond Wisconsin for a practice day. Went on track for about 20 min and truck was loose everywhere with stock tire so I switched those out to some smaller tires with small step pin treads and that was the ticket. After a few laps I found my line and that truck flew over the doubles with ease. Many of the local guys running the 10th scale trucks n buggy were laughing at first saying stay out the way. But that didn't last long, my friend and I ran our small 18th scale trucks and other regular race guys couldn't lose us. I think we might have started a trend with the small rigs. It was a good day. Busted 2 rear shock towers and finished off my already tore up body 20171231_211645.jpg

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ironic this thread pops back up.
As most of you may know.....my “other” hobbies are photography & fly tying. I post most of my creations / artwork on Instagram under “j.miller photography”, (check it out).
Anyway, last night I was contacted by one of the oldest and largest fly tying suppliers, Feather Craft. They want me to become part of their “Pro Staff Tying Team”
So.....I thought that was cool!

http://www.feather-craft.com/

841ED6B7-CF3B-4F54-A9D1-E46E36CF6036.jpeg 86EC329E-6E20-46D7-8220-8A60CFEA6D35.jpeg DC4CDD36-3545-47F7-A4F1-987746843C71.jpeg BEED96A6-296B-446A-B0A6-35947C17CD39.jpeg 4AEB9005-AB64-4C2D-A0C0-91D33AA14BCA.jpeg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As most of you may know.....my “other” hobbies are photography & fly tying. I post most of my creations / artwork on Instagram under “j.miller photography”, (check it out).
Anyway, last night I was contacted by one of the oldest and largest fly tying suppliers, Feather Craft. They want me to become part of their “Pro Staff Tying Team”

View attachment 108397 View attachment 108398 View attachment 108399 View attachment 108400 View attachment 108401
Pretty as always

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 108397 View attachment 108398 View attachment 108399 View attachment 108400 View attachment 108401
Quite an honor! Congratulations.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The Harley was a huge hobby of mine. 2004 night train. 82,000 + miles. Loved every second of every mile. And did I mention airbrush artwork? LOLView attachment 92137 View attachment 92138
Nothing like a set of 4 inch risers and drag bars to make your day a little better!
Do you ever do any airbrush work for people other than yourself? Or just a hobby, I would love to put a new basecoat on em and ship you my tins...

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Beautiful work mate and congrats on being recognised. I love my fly tying and lure making. I will definitely check your stuff out.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been reassessing my hobbies lately. I still enjoy messing with chainsaws but don't do it as much as I wish I could. I sold my motorcycle about a year ago, I quit flying after 40 years of doing that. I enjoy guns but rarely shoot anymore. No reason, just don't. I did shoot 8 deer this year so that was 8 rounds. I used to hike a fair amount but my knees are opposed to that, I sold off all but one tractor. Most of my time is spent trying to get our rental house business established (fixing up and renting single family homes). So I guess that's my new hobby, job, and pastime. Groundi and I like being our own bosses. We also do some tree service but not very much since I stopped climbing. Lately we've started an Airbnb in some unused parts of the house so that's been interesting since we live in the middle of nowhere. Surprised we got any bookings, but we've had several.
So as far as hobbies, I guess I need to be out with the old and in with the new. I may even sell some guns, who knows... I've got more than I need. My sons have their own.
I enjoy reading in this thread. Notice there's a common theme among chain saw people? ie, guns, cars, motorcycles and tractors. and food, don't forget food.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been golfing quite a bit the last year or so. Fishing is a must. Chainsaws are more of a winter hobby I’m more or less learning about them here. I can run one well enough but not much at building them